Copra is a vertically integrated manufacturer of some of the best coconut products in the world. We work closely with leading retailers and food & beverage companies at the forefront of the health movement, making us the premier supplier in the US of tropical ingredients from Thailand, specializing in coconut products such as coconut water and nectar. We work directly with smallholder farmers in Western Thailand who are committed to organic, sustainable agriculture. We pay above market price for high quality raw material. All our products are 100% pure and healthy, processed to a bare minimum in our factory in Thailand and free of preservatives and additives. Copra is constantly pushing to develop new innovative products and break into new markets. Our mission is to make it easier for consumers to have access to incredible, healthy, authentic products from Thailand.
The first step in fulfilling this mission is sales — getting our products to the right people and businesses participating in the health food movement. Copra is expanding our sales team rapidly and we are looking for a sales manager to help push sales throughout the US. The sales manager will fill a crucial role in the sales pipeline between lead generation and close. Your main responsibility is to close leads. We are results oriented, so you have the creativity and flexibility to use whatever approach works best for you! You will manage a team of sales development reps in Asia who research potential accounts and qualify leads. You will have significant ownership and discretion in deciding the priorities towards which Copra should direct its sales efforts. You will work with a wide variety of companies both in size and channel/industry, from a single restaurant in Cincinnati to juice bar chains in California to energy bar companies.
You must be a people person, as you will be interacting with a range of positions from an executive chef to a sales rep at a distributor. You will be expected to build a strong working relationship with your customers over email, phone and in person. Copra is known in the industry for embodying the Thai spirit of outstanding and warm customer service and you will personify this as the face of Copra. We establish deeper and stronger ties with our customers than the average vendor. Your ongoing communication with our customers will give us crucial insight as we expand into new products.
Our sales strategy is driven by data, and you will be the primary gatekeeper of that data. You will manage our Salesforce platform, working with the sales team to make sure that Salesforce is up to date, reviewing data and keeping continuous track of metrics including calls made, meetings, samples sent and closes. You will report directly to the Head of Sales weekly and will work closely with her to develop sales strategies, targets and track progress.
Copra is a dynamic start up and all members of the team must be motivated, extremely organized, adaptable and able to stay on top of many tasks. We are a team of proactive entrepreneurs who love food, traveling, learning and interacting with people from all backgrounds. You must take initiative, be willing to try anything and get your hands dirty! If you feel you would fit into this kind of company culture and are looking for a rewarding challenge in a company that is expanding not only domestically but internationally, then Copra is the right fit for you.
- Work with sales team to develop sales strategies, detailed plans and targets.
- Oversee small team of salespeople in charge of generating leads and conducting initial outreach across US market.
- Manage all follow-up including: tracking a multitude of leads on Salesforce, following-up via phone and email, sending sample packets etc.
- Generate, qualify and convert leads: you will work with our distributors and their sales teams to maximize existing customer sales, including upselling, and close new customers. You will prospect new distributors and help us expand our distribution network.
- Deepen relationships with existing customers soliciting both positive and negative feedback and managing/resolving this feedback effectively.
- Manage Salesforce on a detailed basis: ensure that all information is complete, accurate and that we are using the platform to maximum effect.
- Track performance on a daily/weekly basis against sales goals using Salesforce reports and our customized dashboard.
- Travel to food expos and attend other relevant events to meet both leads and existing customers.
- Work with Copra team in US and Thailand to customize packaging and develop new products
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a track record of successfully closing deals and can persevere through rejection and obstacles.
- You are a people person who can pick up the phone for cold calls and build connection with anyone in any type of organization and convert these individuals to customers.
- You are persuasive in your written and verbal communication and provide timely follow-up.
- You are a self-starter with ample self-motivation and initiative.
- You learn quickly and embrace failure as a learning opportunity.
- You are a creative problem solver who takes risks to get things done.
- You think strategically knowing how and where to maximize your time and what channels will yield the best results.
- You can multitask and manage multiple stakeholders and projects, being detail-oriented and not letting anything fall through the cracks.
- You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- You can effectively manage and motivate people, providing coaching and feedback for their growth.
- You are passionate about healthy food and believe in the authenticity of our product.
$40,000-50,000/year plus commission
Health insurance provided
20 vacation days and remote work allowance
One paid annual trip to Thailand to visit our farmers and spend time with our local, Thai team!
Why You Should Work With Us
We have a very unique company culture and are looking for people that really fit in, and want to do big things with a small but special team. If you feel passionate about this and think it can be for you, please follow this link and answer the two questions at the bottom of the description. We are not considering if these are not filled out, thank you!