The Contract Manufacturing Operations Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and implementation of both
administrative and culinary efforts related to contract manufacturing on behalf of Hope & Main, reporting directly to the
Executive Director. Responsibilities will include organization and production of contracted food and beverage products.
This individual must be able to follow strict formulas, operational plans, and fulfill all HACCP requirements. An extremely
high level of cleanliness and vigilance over food safety regulations and industry best practices is essential. This is largely a
hands-on position with the expectation that the supervisor will be directly involved in the all phases of production. Non-
Disclosure Agreement required. Full time position. Hours are flexible, based on demand, and may include swing shifts/
nights and weekends.
Two years ago Hope & Main established a small batch contract manufacturing service as part of our portfolio of offerings
to help food entrepreneurs of all means and backgrounds to launch, scale and thrive. After successfully piloting this
service, we were awarded grant funding from Rhode Island Commerce to grow the program and assist more
businesses. We are building an in-house food production crew to run these operations for a range of food companies.
Products range from salsa, to condiments, to spreads, to nut butters, to dry mixes, to beverages and more. All production
is onsite at Hope Main’s commercial kitchen facilities in Warren, Rhode Island.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Manage all steps to fulfill contract manufacturing contracts, overseeing all test runs to determine unit costing and
pricing, as well as process and staffing.
• Manage a crew of production employees, team building, setting expectations and holding the team accountable for the
quality, safety, efficiencies and sanitation. Coach, train and provide performance feedback to employees
systematically and periodically. Serve as a resource for line personnel on various topics such as safety, production
and quality related questions.
• Schedule production of contract manufactured goods in accordance with clients’ needs. Ensure that production runs
are on time and on budget.
• Occasional ordering of raw materials and supplies.
• Ensure accurate implementation of formulas and Process Authority letters. Maintain existing HACCP, Master
Sanitation, Weight Control and quality programs.
• Monitor recording of all required logs. Ensure all designated Quality Checks are performed and review quality issues
and define action steps to prevent future errors.
• Analyze production issues and develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement strategies to address
• Working with Hope & Main facilities staff, ensure proper equipment operating conditions and capabilities within
standards. Review and monitor the performance of lines to develop lean programs and reduce waste.
• Troubleshoot production problems, address issues, make minor repairs and adjustments as required, monitor
rework levels and usage, control inventory levels and yields through the proper usage and reporting of raw materials.
• Ensure the safety of employees in the operation of equipment with proper training, enforce safety rules and follow
this institution is an equal opportunity provider.
691 MAIN STREET
WARREN, RI 02885
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• A strong communicator who is organized, dependable and clearly demonstrates leadership and culinary excellence.
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate
throughout all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to the achievement of results.
• Strong problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Ability to analyze data and information and make effective and timely decisions, ideally with experience with
continuous improvement methodologies.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification
• Culinary degree/certification or equivalent
• 3+ years of supervisory experience in a food processing/packaging environment – Preferred
• PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) – Preferred
• Better Process Control School Certificate – Preferred
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• No food allergies
• Reliable access to transportation