Do you thrive in the digital world, creating and engaging with people? Are you passionate about where your food comes from, supporting small and sustainable business practices? Do want to use your passion and skills to further organic family farming in the US? Then you might be the right person to join our small but growing team doing just that at Shenandoah Valley Organic. We are on a mission to promote and protect generational family farms by connecting with people across the country and helping them understand why our mission matters.
Our culture is based on servant leadership, encouraging independent thought and action, gratitude and getting it right, not being right.
This role is based in Harrisonburg, VA and will be an in office role when Management determines it is appropriate for all staff to return to the office.
The Community & Content specialist will create a Farmer Focus community through planning and executing compelling social content and providing best in class customer service on and offline. Responsibilities will include social media marketing and customer relations. Ultimately, you will act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Consumer Experience (on and offline)
· Provide best in class customer service to our Farmer Focus consumers on and offline
· Your goal is to ensure consumers know we value their concerns, feedback, and praise
· Respond to calls, emails and social media inquiries across all communication channels while engaging our consumers in an authentic way
· Track our consumer experience insights and play a critical role in quality and consumer trends
· Discover new ways to create meaningful connections with consumers across our variety of communication channels
· Deliver quantitative and qualitative insights that will help us improve consumer experience and quality assurance
· Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
· Fulfill and mail consumer refunds, surprise and delight and other correspondence.
· Order, package and mail sample product for partners, influencers, consumers coordinating with QA.
Social Media Management
· Oversee day-to-day operations on the brand’s social media presence, including Instagram, Facebook, Pintrest, Youtube and Twitter.
· Includes scheduling, moderation, and analysis
· Engage with consumers on and offline to foster a sense of community, responding to/ asking questions, commenting, etc.
· Partnering with content creation partner (agency, freelancers, third parties) to strategize, brainstorm and create content
· Identify content opportunities by gathering inspiration from the latest social media trends and connecting them with our consumer and brand
· Engaging with our farmer community digitally to highlight content created by our farmer partners
· Collaborate with sales, marketing, farmer relations, live team to identify relevant and compelling new content
· Report and analyze monthly KPIs, including follower growth of social platforms, engagement, conversation to guide and optimize overall social platform strategy.
Internal / Corporate Communications
· Partner with Marketing & HR department to create internal training, morale and misc communications
Perform other marketing-related tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Marketing or Communications, Business, or related field.
Experience as a community, consumer affairs, customer service B2C, consumer experience, or engagement manager with a branded company, preferably in the food industry or with a values-driven brand
· Hands-on experience with social media management for consumer brands
· Design / photography skills a plus, technical design and content creation experience are not required.
· Experience with FreshDesk or other customer service platform a plus
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Marketing or Communications, Business, or related field.
• At least 1-2 of years of Marketing experience in social media community management, preferably in the food industry or with a values-driven brand
• Experience partnering with vendors / freelancers for content creation
• Comfort with data analysis for budget, performance, and consumer insights
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities in order to complete assignments in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
• Must possess: a sense of urgency, accountability, responsibility, ambition.
• Positive, energetic, confident, professional, and team-oriented attitude.
• Vision (Near, Color, Depth Perception) Must be able to pass color vision test.
• Ability to 1 – 2 flights of stairs 2 – 6 times daily.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work conducted primarily in an office environment but will be required to access the production environment. Must be able to tolerate the varying heat, wet and chill of the plant. Hearing and eye protective equipment required in the production area. Required to wear hair and beard nets in the production area.