The Center for Good Food Purchasing seeks a highly motivated and adept leader with a passion for food policy and food justice and a basic understanding of food system issues. Individuals with a strong interest in and/or understanding of how large-scale food procurement can drive increased food system equity and improved conditions along the food supply chain are preferred.
The Assessment and Analytics Manager is an essential part of the team that manages data and produces the analysis for enrolled institutions. The Assessment and Analytics Manager will advise Center staff, participating institutions, and local and national partners on using data to communicate impact and inform Good Food purchasing shifts within participating institutions.
With direction and supervision from the Director of Engagement, the Assessment and Analytics Manager will be responsible for:
Supervise and mentor analysts, ensuring their professional development and effectiveness
Manage project timelines and resource loading across the Analytics team
Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organization
Onboard enrolled institutions to the Good Food Purchasing Program
Supervise analysts throughout the assessment process, verifying compliance with the Good Food Purchasing Standards and ensuring accuracy and quality of final product
Produce analytics and assessments
Manage the creation and maintenance of technical assistance tools that help institutions and their supply chain partners with robust data collection and improving systems for transparency
Identify and implement areas for process improvement in the assessments process
Data Management & Strategy
Oversee all aspects of data management, including data standardization and updating
Manage data inquiries from institutions and program partners
Facilitate evaluation efforts in partnership with external evaluation partners
Facilitate production of an annual impact report with external communications partner that highlights individual institution accomplishments, trends, and aggregate impacts by participating institutions
Support organizational strategy to translate data into action
Support buildout of the technology platform, including input to design, testing, and requirements tracking
Manage onboarding and training process to internal and external system users
Support ongoing maintenance and support to technology platform, working with technology partners
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience, as well as the ability to organize and communicate research findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency in data management and statistical modeling (e.g. regression analysis)
- Experience supervising a high performing team
- Detail-oriented with strong appreciation for the ways in which high quality data and analysis can be a powerful tool for social change
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or experience working in areas that contribute to social, environmental, racial and economic equity
- Collaborative team player who has an appreciation for diverse perspectives
- Experience working with a variety of partners on complex projects, including public sector officials (elected and administrative), community-based (grassroots) organizations, large non-profit organizations, and the private sector/industry
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent facility with Excel and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with a remote team, including regular access to phone, internet, and video conferencing
- Bachelor’s degree required
This position is located in the Bay Area of California or Seattle, Washington. Arrangements to work from another location within the US may be considered for highly qualified candidates. This is a remote role that requires occasional travel. The Center for Good Food Purchasing is based in the Bay Area of California.
Experience with programming, including data querying and cleaning using PowerQuery, SQL, Python or equivalent languages
Experience in project or program management, including systems implementation
Familiarity with online presentation and data visualization tools (e.g. Prezi, Canva, Tableau)
Experience with graphic design, including the Adobe suite or comparable software
Experience in working with large-scale or institutional food procurement or food supply chains and an understanding of the challenges in the current food system
Degree in Data Science or 2-3 years of relevant experience, Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Policy, or related field
Salary & Benefits
The Assessment and Analytics Manager is a full-time, exempt position. The Center for Good Food Purchasing, a fiscally-sponsored project of Community Partners, offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits (i.e. medical/dental/vision, disability/life insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) plan with employer match after two years).
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as women, and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by September 9, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assessment and Analytics Manager” and your name in the subject line. Please include a single PDF attachment of the following: (1) a cover letter that discusses relevant experience and describes applicant’s leadership abilities or a link to applicant’s fully updated LinkedIn profile, (2) 2-3 professional references; (3) a resume; and (4) a writing sample that is relevant to the position and limited to 5 pages in length. (Links to writing samples posted online are allowed).
You will receive a response within 2 weeks of submission of your application. No calls or emails please.