As VP of Business Development, you are responsible for commercializing our technology and monetizing its capabilities. Our discovery engine, Forager, is an unparalleled computational intelligence capable of understanding the interaction between nature and human biology. You will design and lead strategic partnerships to use Forager’s capabilities to develop solutions for unmet needs across food, beverage, ingredient and flavor companies.
You have experience establishing innovative partnerships and a track record of creating collaborations that generated value. You have deep familiarity with the needs of food, ingredients, and nutrition industries, as well as familiarity with the latest CPG and health trends. You are a crisp communicator and have a knack for turning complex concepts into compelling messages. Above all, you thrive in roles that build collaboration bridges in the industry and that pioneer new paths.
- Define the commercialization strategy for Forager, setting a vision for the impact of Forager’s capabilities on the industry and on human health.
- Sign deals that are aligned with company goals and timelines and that will establish a foundation for long-term success. Establish multiple partnerships across discrete health benefit areas and industry segments, including food & beverage, dietary supplements, agriculture and personal care.
- Build the team that will manage partner programs and will grow the partner pipeline.
- Set the strategy for international expansion, leveraging Brightseed’s network in Asia and Europe.
- 15+ years’ experience and a track record of accomplishment in innovative business development, sales and marketing, or strategic partnership growth roles
- Some experience in developing international partnerships preferred
- Experience launching novel products in the food ingredient health space a plus
- Deep interest and experience in food tech, health or biosciences fields a plus
- Experience in startups or in fast-moving scaling environments desired
- MBA a plus, but not a requirement
This role will report to the COO and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Brightseed offers competitive compensation and employee benefits along with an attractive equity package commensurate with candidate qualifications.