Join a mission-based team in meaningful work to build a more sustainable future.
At Leanpath we are a group of diverse and passionate technologists, sustainability experts, culinarians, and analysts who come together to achieve our vision each and every day: to ensure a sustainable future by eliminating global food waste.
Food waste is one of the biggest global issues of our time. More than a third of the world’s food is wasted. And with global hunger and social inequities increasing, wasted food and resources is tragic, devastating our communities and our planet.
Be a part of the solution. At Leanpath, we address food waste at its source. It starts with the foundational premise that we manage the things that we measure. To uncover why food is being wasted and what we can do to prevent that waste from happening again, we need data and insights.
We focus our solutions to serve the markets that will have the biggest impact: foodservice and hospitality. We provide innovative solutions–including food waste tracking devices, advanced analytics and reporting, change management tools, and expert advice–to our clients around the world. Our devices are trusted by kitchens in more than 40 countries and by organizations including Google, IKEA, Sodexo, Aramark, Marriott and many others.
We are food waste prevention pioneers. Founded in 2004, we created the food waste measurement & technology industry. We’ve been recognized by our customers and the industry with awards including vendor and support team of the year awards from client partners Google and Sodexo, “Sustainability Initiative of the Year” award from Food Matters Live, and the “Technology for Good” award from the Global Good Awards UK, among others.
Our team is connected through our core values, which are woven into our culture: drive and productivity, excellence, equity, humility, kindness and inclusion, and teamwork. We believe that diversity of team members and diversity of experiences makes us stronger. We support one another in becoming our best selves, and bringing our whole selves to work. We actively seek out the best talent, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religious background, gender or gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Join us. It’s time to make an impact.
Our team is looking to add a Vice President of Product Management who can bring experience and expertise in scaling product management processes for companies with both hardware and software systems. We are looking for someone who can listen systematically to customers and colleagues, develop a short and long-range product strategy, design for quality, and install a strong product and innovation culture within the organization.
- Product Vision: Work closely with our CEO & senior leadership team to define, refine and advance the product vision for Leanpath. Define and own the near, mid, and long-term product roadmaps and communicate with key stakeholders and the whole company to drive focus and transparency. Identify and develop existing markets and new market segments while improving competitive differentiation.
- Customer & Market Insights: Define and explore markets, customer segments, personas and value drivers. Develop mechanisms to gather feedback from customers to validate product investment strategies and inform product design decisions.
- Product Execution & Lifecycle Management: Execute consistently, rapidly and effectively on the product vision from concept to launch, with solid product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development, NPI and EOL processes.
- Instill a Strong Product Culture: Ensure a strong culture of continuous and rapid testing and learning, continuous innovation, consistently high quality and collaboration among cross-functional teams.
- Team Development: Lead, manage and mentor a small team. Responsible for recruiting, training and ongoing coaching to create a high-performing team.
- Pricing & Positioning: Define packaging, pricing and competitive positioning for each product
Measures of Success
- Revenue Growth. Develop and implement a product strategy to drive ARR growth through innovative, differentiated products that increase sales close rates, shorten the sales cycle, and grow average ACV per customer. Identify strategies to grow TAM by serving adjacent markets and penetrating existing markets.
- Customer Retention. Develop and implement a product strategy to increase gross and net retention rates and grow up-sell/add-on revenue.
- Execution. Design and execute product roadmap to deliver regular, ongoing customer value.
- Engagement. Increase end-user engagement as measured by product usage metrics and NPS scores.
- Breakthrough Problem-Solving: An original thinker who fundamentally enjoys understanding customer problems and solving them in unique and innovative ways.
- Leadership, Management and Accountability: Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication, strategic planning, resource allocation, people management. Ability to work in a fast-paced organization, manage shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Communication: Exceptional communicator in both verbal and written form.
- Mission Alignment: Committed to our mission of preventing wasted food.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of combined experience in product management & senior product leadership
- Demonstrated ability to consistently ship high-quality, differentiated integrated hardware and software products and SaaS applications
- SaaS product management experience
- International experience in deploying and maintaining hardware/software products globally, including managing localization, compliance and certification requirements
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
- Demonstrable experience managing complete release cycles in an industrial Internet-of-things (IIOT) market, with complex edge hardware products that use sensors to capture data at the edge for analysis in the cloud
- Demonstrable experience managing end-to-end, concept-to-introduction product cycles
- Demonstrable experience managing complex projects involving UI/UX
- Demonstrable experience with machine learning, particularly embedded inference
- Demonstrable experience managing a product roadmap that balances resource allocation to run-and-maintain, technical debt and new functionality
- Demonstrable experience defining and managing product upgrade programs and product end-of-life programs
- Demonstrable experience managing upstream technologies suppliers, on-shore and off-shore
The Benefits of Joining Leanpath
If this description excites you and resonates with you, we want to hear from you! In addition to being an awesome team of mission-aligned colleagues, we offer a host of benefits to keep our culture thriving including employer-paid health and dental benefits for our employees, unlimited PTO, volunteer paid time off, holidays, 401(K) platform, and more.