As VP of Sales, you will drive results by unleashing creativity, while remaining accountable in a performance oriented culture. Your experience with other fast growing consumer/ CPG companies will help you craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization, while also taking direct responsibility for sales strategy, distribution management, hiring and managing a broker network, business development, forecasting and setting/executing an annual sales budget. You will successfully manage day-to-day sales in partnership with the CEO, enabling her to focus on fundraising (which you will support), thought leadership and evangelizing the vision for the brand.
The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, and feels comfortable operating in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Build and execute a sales strategy to include a new product pipeline, brand positioning, and channel diversification.Skills & Experience
- Develop an annual sales forecast and execute against the forecast, making changes throughout the year as needed.
- Hire and manage a broker network to support brand growth and field level sales activities.
- Work in partnership with the CEO and other executive team to create the strategic two year and long term plan. Design and implement new processes ensure milestones are reached within designated timeframe.
- Develop a demo budget and strategy to support the sales pipeline and manage the process with third party demo team.
- Build a trade show strategy, and along with the CEO and rest of the team, plan/attend/recap trade shows throughout the year.
- Deliver optimal financial performance within established budget – success measured by P&L profitability, velocity/market share, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Partner with external marketing and brokerage agencies to establish agreed mix of pricing, marketing programs, direct sales, and channel partners.
- Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities as it relates to sales.
- Manage the daily performance of the sales team. Use good meeting and project planning practices to drive focus and results, as well as provide regular updates to the CEO.
- Manage team performance by establishing annual operating objectives for each employee with quarterly reviews. Additionally, create annual development plans for each employee and provide ongoing coaching/guidance as necessary.
- 50% travel (or sometimes more) necessary in this role.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the consumer product industry in a rapid growth environment.Application Details.
- Proven sales track record including experience in distributor management, broker management, key account management and execution of a sales budget.
- History of launching new consumer products, managing sales through a distribution network, and scaling for growth and profitability.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the company.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment.
Compensation is to be determined based on experience.