The Vice President of Marketing reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the executive leadership team. This position is responsible for the full range of marketing, including: Corporate and Brand Marketing; Product Marketing; Social/Content Marketing; and Demand Generation. The position will work closely with the CEO as the primary external “evangelist”, and with the VP of Government and Industry Affairs on external influence and PR activities. In short, this position owns the full range of marketing.
Given that FoodMaven is creating a new and innovative model in the large and entrenched food system, this is a challenge and opportunity for a uniquely talented marketing leader with commensurate talent, experience, and demonstrated relevant track record. This a big transformation play.
- Define the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s maturity/size.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Strategic planning including corporate market positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Oversee marketing branding, including: brand development, messaging, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminar and event collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface with sales for lead tracking and management.
- Work closely with VP of Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
- Oversee product marketing including market and customer research for market and product requirements, interface with product management for product development, product pricing and product lifecycle management.
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Work with the CEO and the other executive team members to identify and develop strategic alliances, communicate with BoD members, and close/grow major customer accounts.
- Develop and manage the Company’s entire marketing budget.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- The VP of Marketing will lead and manage all the above marketing organizations and functions to insure appropriate scale, expertise, execution, management to financial objectives.
Skills & Experience
- Experience leading across the full spectrum of the current marketing strategies and tactics
- Minimum of 10 years marketing experience, with at least 4 years in senior management
- Track record establishing and extending new brands, in new markets
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- Solid working understanding of internet marketing technologies
- Experience working with outside agencies fitting for an emerging stage startup
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy
- Effective public speaking skills and presence externally representing company
- Strong demonstrated writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Recognized as a extraordinary market maker
- Are you in Colorado Springs, CO?
- Please provide 3 references.