- Tea Production Management: Create tea blends to customer specifications, adhere to health and safety regulations, and oversee all quality control measures. Ensure organic regulations are followed, and all product is packaged and shipped per specification
- Managing Staff: Lead the production team at the facility. Responsible for employee development, training, and day to day management
- Innovation: Work with our Marketing and Sales teams to develop new ways to expand our tea knowledge and expertise to more customers
- Operation Management: Organize workflow to meet goals and deadlines. Develop and evaluate existing processes. Manage inventory control and maintain an organized and clean facility
- Customer Service: Process customer orders, respond to customer requests, communicate delivery/order changes. Welcome guests and customers to the facility
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge or experience with tea or a strong interest in learning
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant
- Management experience
- Understanding and awareness of local, state, and national health
regulations (NYC Food Protection Certification is a plus)
- Organized, ambitious, and self-motivated personality
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs
- Undergraduate college/university degree preferred
Why You Should Work With Us
Ito En is Japan’s #1 green tea brand. It is publicly traded and based in Tokyo, with more than 5,000 employees and nearly $4.2 billion in sales globally.
Ito En North America is working to leverage our strong innovation heritage to build a green tea culture in the United States and Canada as well. It’s the best of both worlds – an entrepreneurial US venture, but with the stability and benefits of a financially strong and growing parent company.
We currently have three tea brands that we market across multiple North American retail channels: Teas’ Tea Organic, MatchaLove, and Oi Ocha.
We are proud to have recently ranked #18 in FORTUNE’s top 50 companies that have made an important social or environmental impact through our profit-making strategy and operations. One reason is that we’re vertically integrated in both tea and coffee manufacturing. We also have strong product development and innovation capabilities, especially in tea, coffee and vegetable-based beverages.
Ito En North America is based in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn. We will also be opening a Tea Innovation Center in Industry City, Brooklyn in 2017. We are seeking a Tea Blending and Production Manager to lead operations at this new location.