Operations / Supply Chain / E commerce Manager
Haven’s Kitchen Sauces is seeking an energetic, analytical problem-solver to build systems and drive efficiencies in inventory management, procurement, distribution, and e-commerce. As the third member of our team growing team, this new position will manage day to day operations and work closely with the Co-Founders to develop operational strategy.
Haven’s Kitchen Sauces are a new product line from Haven’s Kitchen, a cooking school in Flatiron. Originally founded as a recreational cooking school, Haven’s has grown into a multi-hyphenate business. The sauces are an extension of both our mission to support home cooking and our growing brand.
Currently available at NYC Whole Foods, Fresh Direct, Foodkick and a few other retailers, Haven’s Kitchen sauces are a completely new category in grocery. They are fresh, refrigerated and are packaged in less-wasteful, innovative pouches. Vegan and gluten-free, HK sauces can be used as a finished sauce or as an ingredient, making meal prep even more convenient.
We are looking for a like-minded team member who:
- Loves excel and modeling to estimate financial and logistical impact of all changes/initiatives
- Enjoys learning and wants to grow with a rapidly growing business
- Is excited to identify challenges and research potential solutions
- Can focus simultaneously on both execution and strategy (micro/macro)
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Works confidently and independently, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Cares about feeding people good food
- Excels at building relationships and flexible systems within a limited budget
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- 1-2 years’ experience in short/mid/long-term inventory planning, from projections to P.O.’s to real-time adjustments
- 1-2 years’ experience with an e-commerce platform
- Understanding of the challenges associated with the supply chain and production of fresh, refrigerated products
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee research and purchasing of raw materials (packaging, produce, & equipment)
- Create and manage partnerships with vendors up and down the value chain
- Generate, and analyze historical sales and project demand
- Analyze COGS and keep an eye on constant ways to improve
- Track costs & productivity across our supply chain
- Use our cost & productivity data to drive efficiencies
- Build inventory and sales forecasting models (crucial to budgeting, tracking sales, and understanding inventory position)
Operations and Sales
- Communicate with customers and distributor(s) and processing POs
- Coordinate with buyers, warehouse, freight brokers, and receiving teams to ensure high level of on-time order fulfillment
- Analyze and evaluate potential direct distribution models
- Manage certifications and UPCs
- Work with Haven’s team to build out 3-5 year budget model and refine external facing deck
- Budgeting, cash management
Willingness to take on new and additional tasks and challenges as they come up!
Note from the Founders:
We’re passionate about helping consumers cook more from scratch, because home cooking has the power to improve not only our individual health, but that of the planet. We work hard, and around the clock, but we also derive deep joy from what we do and work in a warm, friendly environment. In addition to your skills and your experience, we’re hoping to find someone who brings their own excitement, dedication, and passion to our table.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $75,000 – $100,000
- Staff meal daily
- Free cooking classes
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discount
Haven’s Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.