About the role
ZBiotics is seeking a highly motivated supply chain expert to upgrade ZBiotics’ supply chain operations. The role will be the first devoted supply chain hire on the team and will be charged with driving execution of demand planning, digital inventory management, procurement, production planning, and logistics for ZBiotics.
The role will report directly to the COO and will work closely with the company’s founders. Our San Francisco-based team is currently operating remotely. Ideally the candidate is based in the San Francisco area, but applications for national, remote work will be considered for the right candidate. Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, we may consider contract-to-hire preferable to immediate full-time employment.
What we’re looking for
This role requires a supply chain expert who combines operational and analytical excellence with an understanding of the end-to-end consumer products supply chain. The ideal candidate will have experience working with high-growth consumer brands that both manufacture their products and sell those products direct-to-consumer.
The ideal candidate will be highly systematic and come with a firm executional understanding and passion for supply chain operations. They will have excellent fundamentals. They will be good with numbers, spreadsheets, and quantitative analysis. They will have good people skills and be adept at working with many international and domestic vendors. They will have excellent project management skills and be able to work in a manner that both gets the job done and simultaneously optimizes processes for the future.
Above all, they will be smart, motivated, and willing to learn. They will be thrilled by the challenge of scaling a supply chain that comprises elements of biotechnology, DTC e-commerce, and consumer packaged goods.
- What are the responsibilities of the position
- Digital inventory management.
- Coordination of logistics & transportation of raw materials and finished goods (encompassing domestic/international freight and direct-to-consumer fulfillment).
- Procurement and purchasing of raw materials.
- Production planning for specialty raw materials and finished goods with co-manufacturing partners.
- Demand planning.
- Ensuring compliance with QA/QC and food safety programs.
- Rolling up sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done.
- Proven supply chain expert with experience in consumer products, DTC e-commerce, and manufacturing/production planning.
- 4-8 years experience in supply chain operations.
- Ideally two notable previous supply chain jobs, at least one of which preferably was as a Supply Chain Analyst or Demand Planner.
- An exceptional ability to multitask, take initiative, and execute.
- Experience working independently and managing own schedule.
- Passion for the power of science to improve our lives.
About our team
We’re a team of deep thinkers who care about the future of the world and the role of science in that future. Our mission at ZBiotics is to help people live healthier, richer lives using science, while at the same time pioneering a new vision for genetic engineering as transparent, responsible, and consumer-first.
While this passion drives our work, we never forget that work is just one aspect of our lives. That’s why we prioritize building a healthy and inclusive culture where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
We provide attractive benefits, salary, and equity compensation, along with a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
Interested candidates please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org