ABOUT STRATEGIC SALES & MARKETING
You will have an opportunity to truly shape Plum Relish’s sales structure, generate revenue, and drive brand awareness in our flagship market. In turn, we make midday meals delightful and restaurants happy with our innovative shared service model.
Our sales and marketing executive is, in many ways, the face of Plum Relish, to our customers. Because we are here to transform how people eat during the workday, it is important to gain a deep understanding of the food we cater, the needs of our restaurant partners, and the pain points of our clients.
You bring a high degree of integrity, work-ethic, and accountability to a powerful team. You’ll be both a trusted voice on the food scene in Washington, DC. and obsessed with delivering a high-value lunch experience.
At our core, Plum Relish was founded upon a service-centric ethos with strong sales fundamentals. [Previously, our founders led sales and account management divisions for a public healthcare company.]
WHAT YOU’LL DO
– Identify and target key local businesses and events (including not-for-profits, associations, and for-profit and in-town conventions) with affinity for restaurant concepts currently under contract or with a linkage to featured chefs.
– Craft and execute against various demand generation opportunities, capitalize on market gaps, and forecast top-line revenue growth.
– Pursue meetings with key administrative contacts/leaders at organizations to develop qualified opportunities for Plum Relish services; follow up with customers to convert to recurring customers.
– Expand existing accounts through cultivation of additional contacts; grow overall partnerships and increase market share of clients’ organizational spend in a repeatable manner.
– Develop additional de-novo clients through brainstorming with Plum Relish CEO and board of advisors.
– Re-connect with dormant clients to re-establish relationships and determine new business where possible.
– Participate in development of restaurant products to become expert in offerings of Plum Relish; ride along with delivery services to understand entire process of Plum Relish experience.
– Work closely with operations and tech teams to ensure clients enjoy A+ experience with ordering, delivery, and consumption of meals – and that feedback is received in a timely manner.
– Integrate knowledge from prospecting and can lead consultative selling efforts.
– Iterate on the strategic marketing plan (traditional and digital), working with outside consultants and an in-house team.
– Author and contribute thought pieces on social media that can be used to build excitement for Plum Relish partner offerings within social networking circles.
– Seven-to-nine years of meaningful experience. We are industry agnostic.
– You are curious with an infectious passion to sell happiness as a midday meal for the best restaurant groups in town.
– You are results driven, relentless, and have a track record of success in sales and marketing leadership roles.
– You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges at product launch.
– Experience running a high volume pipeline of B2B and B2C clients is required as you will oversee the corporate and restaurant sales functions.
– You have consistently exceeded quotas and key performance metrics on both high conversion sales and low conversion sales products and services.
– High-energy and a strong work-ethic lead your success as an individual performer.
In place of a cover letter, include why you are interested in Plum Relish and a unique insight you’ll bring to our revenue growth.
Please list: “Strategic Sales & Marketing Executive– NAME” in the subject line of your email to email@example.com or apply on Angellist.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.