Hodo is seeking a Staff Accountant to oversee cost accounting, inventory accounting and ERP for our rapidly-growing artisan food business. This is a hands-on, entrepreneurial role with strong growth potential. The Staff Accountant will be a key member of our team and will report to the CFO. This position will be based in our offices in West Oakland.
Manage Cost Accounting and Inventory Accounting:
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts, investigate variances and resolve issues.
- Manage standard costs in the Bill of Materials.
- Validate the costs of goods sold as part of the month end close and provide timely monthly financial reporting.
- Manage reporting on margins by product and location.
- Support management team in analysis of product costs and lead margin improvement analysis and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for procedural improvements; develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system (Fishbowl integrating with Quickbooks).
- Provide on-going management of ERP functionality, integrity and reporting.
- Act as an internal expert user of our ERP systems and provide application support for ERP systems users.
- Help create documentation and procedures guidelines for ERP systems users. Design, develop and maintain automated workflow processes.
- Design, develop and maintain reports used by technical staff and ERP systems users.
- Fulfill other projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have a BS in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience in a related role with a manufacturing company.
- Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- You have strong experience in cost accounting and ERP systems, ideally Fishbowl.
- You have demonstrated initiative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- You have the ability to sit, reach, walk, stand, bend and stoop.
- You have the ability to operate a keyboard and view a video display terminal screen.