Arden Hills, MN (USA)
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent
and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe
anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and
dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global
perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions
to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and
you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we
do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Sensory Science and Insights Manager
The Product Guidance & Insights (PGI) Manager will work cross functionally
with internal partners such as Marketing Insights, Customer Insights, the
Culinary Team, Front End Innovation, Marketing and Product Development to
collaboratively recommend & develop new products that are relevant and
meaningful to the consumer. The PGI Manager will lead a team of sensory
scientists and laboratory staff, develop and support scientific research
methodologies to influence product development, analyze internal and external
data to draw insights and make business recommendations.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong
leadership and influencing skills, and be motivated by a fast-paced,
cross-functional team environment. We seek somebody with the ability to drive
change and advance our PGI organization to the next level.
- Responsible for developing and leading a team of
sensory scientists, laboratory operations staff, and a part-time
qualitative descriptive analysis (QDA) panel.
- Responsible for talent management, training,
participating in goal setting, engagement of employees, prioritizing
projects, and balancing workload.
- Works with project teams to identify opportunities
where sensory and product guidance testing can be used most efficiently
and effectively. Must be able to effectively lead, prioritize work and
empower teams. Strong collaboration and influencing skills required.
- Gather and identify product insights, draw conclusions
and communicate recommendations & next steps to the project team and
- Coaches employees to apply sound, scientific practices
and techniques to all phases of sensory and consumer testing to generate
sound sensory data which the project team can use to make better business
decisions and drive project success.
- Champion for the consumer; encourage including
consumers learning early and throughout the development cycle and the use
of fundamental research to speed up projects.
- Explore and implement applicable new methodology,
technology, project management tools and creative ways to present data in
a meaningful way.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- MS in Sensory Science, Food Science, Psychology,
Experimental Psychology or related disciplines is preferred.
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative; works
with a sense of urgency.
- Deep knowledge of quantitative and qualitative sensory
and consumer research principles and methods.
- Critical & analytical thinker who can translate
research findings into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to
prioritize, manage a team, remove hurdles on complex projects, and set
direction for the team based on business strategy.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams at multi
levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and
verbal), coaching and conflict management skills.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled.
The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment
substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.( https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Drug-and-Alcohol-Policy.pdf)
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or
email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the
employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL
HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any
- EOE is the Law (English(https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Taleo/eeoc_self_print_poster_english.pdf)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English(https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Taleo/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement(https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Affirmative-Action-Policy.pdf)
- Pay Transparency Notice(https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Taleo/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf)
- Drug and Alcohol Policy(https://www.landolakesinc.com/lolinc/media/Pdf/Drug-and-Alcohol-Policy.pdf)
We are a fast-growing, farmer-owned agriculture and food cooperative working
to overcome the world’s greatest food challenges. Our unique farm-to-fork
business model works across crop inputs and insights, animal nutrition, dairy
foods and sustainability to get high quality food to those who need it. Land
O’Lakes provides opportunities to build a career in a vibrant industry that
allows you to play a critical role in delivering on this, and by working
together to advance humanity and to help communities around the world.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/j3bxy2n9xtpqzfsp