As a brand of Spiraledge, Tend is making it simpler by helping farm managers streamline their farming operations.
We hold a vision of building tools that enable anyone, anywhere, at any scale to grow good quality food. To that end, we’ve embarked on a mission to be the number-one tool at helping diversified farm managers streamline their farming operations, from planning through sales. You’ll be joining a young company with a passionate team that strives to have a long-term major positive impact on the food system.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer with strong experience in designing and building systems that are scalable and have strong service-oriented architectures. You’ll be working alongside product managers that are also farmers to help design and implement new features on Tend. If you want to join a team that loves living at the intersection of technology and farming, you need to join our team!
- Participate in product and technology design sessions
- Design, document and communicate new services and features that are scalable and extendable
- Collaborate with Product Managers, designers, and other technical development resources
- Write awesome, well performing, easy to maintain code
- Participate in project and sprint planning for the development of new product and service features
- Ability to work independently solving technical problems
- Desire to work in a small team in a startup-up like environment
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Experience in the following:
- Web: Java, Spring IO, Hibernate, Tomcat, and JUnit, Cactus, JSON, REST, GitHub, Jenkins
- Databases: Mysql, non-sql database technologies
- Design: strong experience with MVP designs
- Software development lifecycle / Agile methodologies
- Familiar with building micro-services architecture.
- Expertise in the development of multi-language applications and related internationalization aspects
- A clear passion for building tools to support sustainable high quality foods systems
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM and Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of Google Cloud services such as Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud SQL and MySQL
Desired (not required)
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience in building or contributing to open source
- Mobile development with Android or iOS (swift)
- Performance assessment and tuning
Spiraledge Inc., will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear frequently; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets, and some light lifting as necessary to function in an office environment.