What we’re building
We’re a high-tech company working to revolutionize a low-tech industry.
Our Operations Engineering team builds the tools that drive our real-time fulfillment systems. It’s the platform that empowers our entire supply chain from the tools that help our producers know what and when to make products to the software and hardware that manages the flow of food through our warehouse and our last-mile delivery network. Our systems go beyond the screen and include mobile and hardware platforms that help our associates deliver food faster than anyone else in the industry.
Our Shopping Engineering team is building a platform that powers a beautiful online shopping experience across both web and iOS. We weave together inputs from multiple parts of the business – from merchandising rules to availability limitations – in order to present a seamless user experience that belies the complexity of the underlying system.
Our Assortment Engineering team builds the tools that help us onboard and showcase our curated assortment of exceptionally good food. We ease the purchasing and procurement of marketplace products, build tools to manage promotions, and build systems that show customers products they will most want to buy, with digital merchandising solutions like targeted recommendations and search.
How you can help
We’re looking for software engineers who are interested in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and are excited to build beautiful, highly scalable web applications alongside a passionate, mission driven team.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you’ll be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of new tools and features within your team’s domain of ownership. You’ll work closely with your stakeholders to understand the challenges they face and to learn where engineering can add the most value. To this end, you might spend time learning the logistics of shop-floor activities both hands on and via data or you may work closely with design and product to understand and enhance the experience of new Good Eggs customers as they learn about our product.
How we work
We run a mature Agile engineering process complete with test-driven development, pair programming and continuous deployment of features throughout the day. We believe in the magic of empowering small teams with clear accountability to achieve business goals. We’re collaborative and adaptable so we can work on whatever needs to be done. We commit resources to removing roadblocks and creating efficiencies from which all teams can benefit. We reflect on how we are working and take action to ensure that we are always getting better. Learn more about how we work at our blog.
Ideal candidates will have
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place
- 2+ years of agile software development experience including automated testing and pair programming
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
Experience in some of the following areas:
- Mongodb, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Node.js, React, Swift
- Microservices architecture
- Application development for low-power embedded systems (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc)
Bonus points for:
- Being data driven – ability to get insights from data
- Experience with WMS systems, including Oracle, Manhattan or Redprairie
- Experience with ERP or HRIS systems such as Oracle JD Edwards, SAP or NetSuite
- Building ecommerce and payments systems
- Partnering with design to create a reusable component library and living styleguide
- Developing warehouse management tools or customer service applications
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced foods by engaging with our producer and eater community
- Locally-sourced team lunches made by our on-site chef, regular happy hours and employee discount
- Most of all – Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system. We’re looking for folks who are passionate about our mission, talented and driven to change the world. If that sounds like you, get in touch!