As a brand of Spiraledge, Tend is making it simpler by helping farm managers streamline their farming operations.
We hold a vision of building tools that enable anyone, anywhere, at any scale to grow good quality food. To that end, we’ve embarked on a mission to be the number-one tool at helping diversified farm managers streamline their farming operations, from planning through sales. You’ll be joining a young company with a passionate team that strives to have a long-term major positive impact on the food system.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer with strong experience in designing and building systems that are scalable and have strong service-oriented architectures. You’ll be working alongside product managers that are also farmers to help design and implement new features on Tend. If you want to join a team that loves living at the intersection of technology and farming, you need to join our team!
- Participate in product and technology design sessions
- Collaborate with Product Managers, designers, and other technical development resources
- Write awesome, well performing, easy to maintain code
- Participate in project and sprint planning for the development of new product and service features
- Ability to work independently solving technical problems
- Desire to work in a small team in a startup-up like environment
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Demonstrable experience in building Android apps
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Software development lifecycle / Agile methodologies
- Familiar with working with micro-services architecture.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Expertise in the development of multi-language applications and related internationalization aspects
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM and Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development
- A clear passion for building tools to support sustainable high quality foods systems
- Strong understanding of object oriented design principles
Desired (not required)
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Google Cloud services such as Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud SQL and MySQL
- Experience in mid-tier technologies such as Tomcat, Spring IO, and MySQL.
Spiraledge Inc., will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear frequently; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets, and some light lifting as necessary to function in an office environment.