Clover is a fast-growing empire of restaurants all over the Boston metro area, including Whole Foods stores (with our sights set on national presence: DC). Right now our restaurants are pushing the frontiers of technology within the restaurant world.
Our kitchen, restaurant and office operations are paper-free and depend on a well-provisioned array of iOS devices to keep operations running smoothly.
All of our menus are digital as well as our ordering systems and point of sale devices.
We are continually working toward expansion our use of connected sensors and other peripherals to automate the minutia of kitchen operations such as IoT temperature sensors. We are currently investigating new RFID technologies for automating delivery and inventory management.
As a result of all of these efforts, Clover Food Lab will be hiring a software developer to join in the development of our custom software tools for restaurant management, including our cloud-based Point of Sale and customer-facing online ordering app. This is a full-time salaried position on Clover’s corporate team. This is an opportunity to directly positively impact the lives of our restaurant staff and increase the convenience and fun that customers have when they choose eat with us. The work you do will help determine our ability to scale gracefully from a dozen restaurant locations today to a thousand restaurants in the not-to-distant future.
This position will report to our Systems Engineer.
The primary responsibilities include designing, prototyping, documenting and implementing features on the Clover Food Lab software stack. General software development experience and the ability to quickly learn new technologies is the most important requirement. Second most important is a drive to create delightful, playful, and rewarding experiences for customers and employees alike. The work spans the world of software, from mobile apps and web UIs, user UX design/testing, APIs and network protocols, data storage and analytics, security and back end server applications.
Over the next year, we are interested in pursuing robust predictive methods for sales forecasting to ultimately drive our food production and ordering from farmers/suppliers. We also intend to leverage IoT devices and potentially RFID tags as part of our efforts to design “the restaurant of the future,” so comfortability with this space and doing work at the hardware-software interface is a big plus.
- Bachelors in computer science or similar technical field (okay if self-taught with substantive experience).
- At least three years’ professional programming experience.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices: TDD, modular design, functional programming, communications, API design, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and serving diverse constituents.
- Must be able to work on several tasks concurrently.
- Must collaborate with a diverse group in a fast-paced, team-oriented and rapidly changing work environment.
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Eligible to participate in year end bonus program based on overall company performance metrics
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
- Opportunities to attend food-sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Hubway Bike Program membership
- Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program
- Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career