The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s Social Media Specialist has a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. At GFI, you will help lead the conversation on the growing plant-based and clean meat, egg, and dairy industries to further the work of the world’s top entrepreneurs and scientists who are focused on developing healthy, humane, and sustainable alternatives to factory-farmed products. Apply on our website now!
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for sharing the food technology revolution with the world! Sustainable plant-based and clean foods will change millions of lives for the better, and you will help promote these innovative new products and technologies through GFI’s social media platforms. You will directly influence the future of food by building connections with industry leaders, growing our virtual audience, and ensuring clean and plant-based foods have a significant and compelling online presence. This game-changing role includes:
- Managing GFI’s owned social media channels, including creating dynamic content, social listening and engagement with GFI’s audiences, overseeing live events, designing advertising campaigns, and staying on top of the latest trends and emerging forms of social media.
- Establishing KPIs and providing reporting and analysis to inform business decision-making.
- Stewarding relationships with social media influencers as well as other internet personalities through networking, cold calling, in-person meetings, and liaising with talent and booking agents.
- Writing and contributing engaging content for GFI’s Blog.
- Assisting in the development and execution of campaign strategies for the communications department and mission-aligned startups.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Social Media Specialist must have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience engaging in social media advocacy.
- Thorough knowledge of social media channels and related measurement software, tools, and procedures.
- Abundant creativity.
- A strong work ethic.
- Exceptional writing abilities.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Infectious enthusiasm about GFI’s mission.
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
A bachelor’s degree and experience with WordPress are strongly preferred but not required. Above all, you need to have an upbeat, engaging personality and the ability to respond quickly and creatively when sharing new information with our audience.
Enjoy working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute! Apply on our website now!
(Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, or who already possess a United States Worker Visa. All applicants must live in the United States.)
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.