To save time applying, Applegate does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Position Title: Senior Manager of Social Media Marketing
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports To: VP of E-commerce & Digital Marketing
Exemption Status: Exempt
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Summary: Under the general direction of the VP of E-commerce & Digital Marketing, the Senior Manager of Social Media Marketing will create and manage Applegate’s social media strategies and content. They nurture Applegate’s social communities and ensures a consistent brand voice and a high level of consumer engagement across all channels. The strategies and tactics that they create support and amplify Applegate’s marketing efforts, raise brand awareness and drive cross-portfolio purchase at both brick and mortar and online retailers.
- Create and continuously evolve a social media strategy that grows brand affinity, engagement, reach, and loyalty. Develop strategies for maximizing engagement and brand awareness for each social channel, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Continues to experiment and expand the Applegate Voice to emerging social platforms.
- In collaboration with other Marketing teams, creates integrated annual content calendar. Facilitates the creation and curation of content for all social channels in collaboration with internal and external partners and agencies. Provide feedback to ensure that all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, messaging, and tone.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Brand Management, Communications, Creative and Sales on an ongoing basis to ensure excellent social media performance in support of annual Marketing plans. Develops and manages effective social media ad campaigns across all platforms.
- In collaboration with the E-commerce, Product Management and Sales teams, ensure that Applegate’s social media strategies and tactics are driving the desired sales results with strategic brick and mortar and online retailers.
- Identify and strategize opportunities for working with influencers on social platforms to amplify Applegate content and brand awareness, execute influencer campaigns, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- In collaboration with Communications and Public Relations, develops and amplifies Applegate’s thought leadership voice.
- Researches, selects and collaborates with appropriate partners needed to support our creative, technical and engagement needs.
- Develops and monitors key social metrics in an effort to measure success and adjust tactics, as needed.
- Researches and selects appropriate tools needed to efficiently and effectively manage the social media needs.
- Monitors competitive set and any other companies that might be doing compelling and interesting things in social to help inform our strategy and regularly provide insights and intelligence to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the VP of E-commerce & Digital Marketing in planning and managing the annual digital marketing budget.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing Team to ensure content harmony between web, digital & social.
- Works in collaboration with the Senior Consumer Relations Manager to ensure a high level of consumer engagement and consistency of brand voice.
- Works in collaboration with the Senior Consumer Relations Manager to develop effective social listening capabilities. Works in collaboration with the Senior Consumer Relations Manager and Marketing Communications Team to ensure crisis management preparedness and rapid response capabilities.
- Develops productive relationships with like-minded partner brands (Including, but not limited to; Annie’s, Organic Valley, Stonyfield, Sir Kensington’s, Vital Farms, Nellie’s, etc.)
Other Responsibilities Include:
16. Attend Applegate events and provide social media support
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years’ experience in social media marketing role within the consumer packaged goods industry preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team
- Natural/organic products experience highly preferred
- Strong understanding of social media marketing tactics and strategies
- Proven ability preferred in:
- Managing multi-channel brand and product campaigns with an emphasis on social media.
- Experience collaborating with Brand Management and Sales functions with a focus on product and retailer launch and support.
- Creating content and working closely with both an external agency partner and/or internal design resources
- Driving e-commerce traffic and sales conversions from social media
- Demonstrated track record of leveraging social media tools to build brand awareness and affinity preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including budgeting and ROI analysis and the ability to develop and track performance against key metrics
- Prior professional experience managing a budget.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and adhering to stringent timelines
- Desire to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to create an empowering, productive and supportive team environment.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office tools
- Digital and Social analytics tools (examples; Google Analytics, Simply Measured)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest).
- Social listening and publication tools preferred (examples; Netbase, Radian6, Hootsuite)
- Office Location
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk see and hear. Constant computer use, typing and viewing sites will be needed.
- Some travel required, less than 20%
- 1 Direct Report
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.