Recipe for Success: The position will work with the Directors of category’s to develop culinary programs that support each category. There will be guidance on internal and external development. This person will lead the culinary teams in training and product development based upon the business briefs. Explain, train and teach the process to develop great food that meets the quality standards set forth in the briefs.
- Lead the development process in collaboration with culinary chefs for successful product launches
- Bring forward current food trends that stretch across cuisines and cultures that meet our customers expectation
- Meet or exceed predetermined budget guidelines for Retails and food cost as pre-determined
- Align with business partners to assure operational flow of product and execution planning.
- 8 – 10 Years as a working Chef in a high-quality environment
- Working knowledge of research and development process
- Experience with a wide range of ingredients and cuisines
- Excellent computer skills (MS word, Excel and Publisher)
- A true love of food and excellent sourcing
- Overall understanding of ingredient costs and culinary knowledge hitting retail targets.
- Must be a self-starter and possess innate curiosity
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Capable of making decisions with incomplete information
- Ability to constantly adapt in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Previous multi-person leadership a must
- Ability to lead many projects and coach and council the culinary team.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast’s leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine – lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirectdoes not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.