Encourage Corporate Innovation that will Radically Transform the Food System
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s Senior Corporate Engagement Specialist will have an immediate impact in catalyzing the movement for a good food future. Ever wished a restaurant had something more to offer eco-conscious, animal-friendly diners than a veggie burger? At GFI, you will coordinate projects that increase plant-based offerings at grocery store chains, restaurants, and food service providers, thereby empowering consumers to make healthy, humane, and sustainable choices.
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s Senior Corporate Engagement Specialist, you will be an expert on the best products and most innovative companies in the plant-based space. You will build relationships with executives at major grocery stores and restaurant chains, connect them with our partners at plant-based food companies, and influence them to improve their menus and inventories with plant-based products that support human health, fight climate change, and transform agriculture. You will radically transform the food system by:
- Identifying grocery stores, restaurants, and dining services that could expand their plant-based meat, egg, and dairy offerings and convincing them to do so.
- Building coalitions of organizations that are dedicated to improving the quality, quantity, and promotion of plant-based alternatives to animal products.
- Coordinating special projects related to promoting plant-based products and expanding their consumer base.
- Representing GFI and delivering compelling presentations at industry conventions and other relevant conferences.
- Writing newsletters to targeting different audiences and highlighting news in the industry, published research, regulatory updates, and more.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Senior Corporate Engagement Specialist should also have:
- 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to influence decision-makers and engage corporate executives.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Infectious enthusiasm for GFI’s mission.
- A degree in a related field (e.g., business, marketing, communications) or at least three years’ experience in food-related marketing, sales, or corporate affairs.
- The willingness to travel frequently.
Location in a major U.S. metropolitan area is preferred but not required.
Enjoy working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute! Apply on our website now!
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.