The Senior Art Director leads a team of designers, photographers and videographers who are responsible for developing, communicating and evolving the overall look-and-feel of Good Eggs across all our channels, internally and externally. We are looking for someone with the drive, talent, and passion to take our brand’s vision to the next level and inspire and manage a world-class creative team.
Portfolio required with application
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner closely with the Head of Brand to bring the Good Eggs story to life across all communications and product channels.
- Implement Good Eggs brand strategy (brand guidelines, look-and-feel, styling, art direction, tone) and identity work (logo design, typeface design, advertising layouts, presentation guidelines, packaging design).
- Provide creative concepting and design support to the rest of the growth team to create branded assets for marketing launches, new products, packaging, and campaigns.
- Manage design processes, from ideation to implementation, collaborating closely with cross functional stakeholders throughout the process.
- Art direct and/or produce weekly content production across a mix of digital and print (ads, social, blog, catalog), still and motion channels (photography, GIFs, video).
- Design effective emails, packaging and collateral, decks, etc., as well as craft stirring content across media, from print to video.
- Source and manage a bench of outstanding creative consultants to augment the team, as needed.
- Lead a small team of direct reports and gradually grow the team to fill other necessary disciplines.
- Develop and manage creative team processes to support efficient and collaborative processes
- Manage and prioritize the list of creative requests based on business objectives and projects goals.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of creative services experience, with a focus on visual design and communication design.
- Proven track record of creating beautiful, delightful marketing and communication assets.
- Comfort moving from the big ideas and strategy to implementation and details — you have an entrepreneurial approach and roll up your sleeves and execute as needed.
- Able to influence peers / managers and build consensus, while dealing with a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment- we are a startup after all and always exploring new ideas
- Pattern of success managing all aspects of a project from start to finish as well as a multi disciplinary creative team, from project management to daily inspiration.
- Outstanding creative skills and deep sensitively to interpret the brand’s DNA into projects and assets.
- Success working cross functionally with stakeholders from several different departments and different levels of the organization.
- Experience overseeing high quality creative and design delivery for complex concepts and multiple stakeholders, in a rapidly moving startup environment.
- Experience with video directing and editing skills are a plus.
- Experience creating brand guidelines and look books is a plus.
- Prior experience leading a team of creatives is a plus.
Cross Channel Visual Art Direction
Type and layout skills, and the ability to discern “great” from “good”
Design tools such as Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc
Understanding of Web and Mobile Technologies (CSS, Responsive Web Design)
Experience in Print Production (file output and delivery, press checks, proofing)
Creative Process & Workflow
Human Centered Design
Deep customer empathy
LeadershipEnter a description of the position