THE FARM PROJECT EMPOWERS INITIATIVES THAT RECONNECT PEOPLE WITH FOOD
We are experienced entrepreneurs, Hollywood influencers, parents, chefs and farmers. Together we are The Farm Project, a public benefit corporation that is leveraging media, and technology to drive a meaningful shift to sustainably produced food. Because we believe that there is nothing more convincing than a friend telling a friend about our mission, we invest in social communities and connect with our followers on an emotional level.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is passionate about our core mission – building an ecosystem of businesses that work together to make sustainable food prosper. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting, general accounting, providing accounting expertise and improving our financial processes.
The ideal candidate should have retail, consumer products or manufacturing experience. Perishable food, e-commerce and inventory management experience is required. Must be hands-on and enjoy a fast-paced, early-stage environment.
- Responsible for all general accounting functions, including: revenue, A/R, A/P, G/L, payroll, sales commissions, inventory, cost accounting, and financial systems.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all financial controls. Manage the preparation of financial budgets and financial forecasts.
- Monitor and analyze weekly, monthly and quarterly operating results against budget, tracking against relevant KPIs.
- Prepare monthly financial statements including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement and reconciliations.
- Manage inventory count and reporting and stay up-to-date on inventory AP.
- Manage the subsidiary accounting consolidation process including cash management, expense accruals, intercompany adjustments and elimination entries.
- Work closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other functional teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology to reduce costs while improving customer experience.
- Conduct in-depth financial and strategic analysis on all aspects of the business, including pricing and cost targets as well as detailed understanding of actual results and variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in investment banking / corporate finance or within a finance team of an e-commerce company or non-profit. PBC experience a plus.
- Perishable food, e-commerce and inventory management experience is required. Must have retail, consumer products or manufacturing experience.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Analytical; high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills.
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling ability.
- Exceptional work ethic and the willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves”. Ability to learn quickly and work in a constantly changing fast-growing start-up environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Analytical and strategic mindset, always looking to deep dive on the figures and challenge the numbers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to clearly convey recommendations and conclusions to senior leadership.
- Passion for making a positive impact on the world!
WHY WORK AT THE FARM PROJECT?
You’ll join a team of seasoned entrepreneurs who know what it takes to be successful. And you’ll make a difference as an integral part of an organization that is changing the world by supporting a profitable, sustainable local food system.