We’re seeking a home and kitchen savvy retail expert to join our team at our New York City pop up on a seasonal basis (full-time, at least 30 hours per week) during our busy holiday season (from November 23rd through January 5th). You will lead our pop up retail operations at the Oculus, managing a retail team on the floor, working with customers and answering their questions during the busy holiday season, and communicating with the commerce and business development teams at Food52 HQ regularly. You’ll help us achieve our goal of providing an experience that complements and parallels the quality goods in our shop and on our website.
Our private label, Five Two, is made by us with the help of our community of cooks and food lovers. We provide assistance to our community: troubleshooting questions and issues, questions about how to use a product and how to care for it, helping shoppers pick between different products based on what they plan to cook, and general product inquiries. We’re fans of thorough care and a personal touch, so expect to make your personality and the Food52 and Five Two brands shine in your interactions!
- Manage team of retail employees, as well as scheduling, organizing opening and closing shifts, being a direct point of contact for the team when they have operational questions
- Manage opening and closing and any set up or breakdown requirements
- Deliver a memorable customer experience for our shoppers and lead a team who are equipped to answer any and every question shoppers might have
- Guide customers who want to order something online or on an iPad that isn’t available in our shop
- Maintain and improve customer relationships. We genuinely enjoy surprising and delighting our customers—as the leader of our retail team on the floor, we’re counting on you to fill us in each day on pain points, things we should be problem solving, and areas of opportunity for us to build an even better shopping experience for Food52 customers
- Manage check out and troubleshoot any issues that arise with our POS
Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years in retail, hospitality, customer service, or similar role–a general understanding of the food landscape and e- commerce operations is very helpful
- A deep understanding of cooking, the kitchen and home– our customers are counting on us to develop the best in class products for their kitchens, and we’re counting on you to provide a tailored and specific customer service experience that reflects our expertise
- A strong understanding of our POS, Square
- Champion problem solving abilities
- Aptitude and attitude that keeps our retail team excited and motivated through the holiday season
- Interest in home products, kitchen tools/wares, textiles, small artisans, and design
- Proven record of strong organizational skills with an extreme attention to detail
- Cheerful under pressure, curious, and thoughtful
- Self-motivated, nimble and has proven ability to handle challenging customer facing situations
Please apply via this link: https://apply.workable.com/food52/j/7A9DBA745F/
Compensation for this position is hourly.
Why You Should Work With Us
Food52 is a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food community, crowd-sourced and curated recipe hub. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, providing everything needed to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.