As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, and we need someone special who can bring their experience to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission and passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
AeroFarms is seeking a dynamic Sales Planning Manager who is passionate about our mission and to share our exciting AeroFarms and Dream Greens stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, and customers.
- Develop the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast by channel, customer and item level.
- Manage key sales KPIs for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting.
- Collect, analyze and report on sales data and category information by providing actionable insights and strategies.
- Align with Operations on the sales forecast and the seeding to harvest schedule
- Be the key sales contact with cross functional departments – A/R, R&D, Food Safety, and Operations to ensure customers’ needs are met in all areas including account set up, demand planning, order logistics, distribution, and order fill rate.
- Optimize the daily finished goods inventory by minimizing excess inventory and proactively identifying selling needs and opportunities.
- Oversee the packaging forecast and partner with Operations and Purchasing on the replenishment strategy.
- Coordinate with R&D, Engineering, Operations, and Purchasing on packaging materials evaluations and recommendations.
- Manage relationships with retail and food service partners.
- Attend trade shows, industry events and training to learn best practices and analyze industry trends.
- Overseeing Sales & Marketing interns. Identify, recruit, and manage their deliverables and timeline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in sales, forecasting, planning with a CPG or retail business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Experience with ERP, CRM, and EDI/Online Order Taking in order to own and define business requirements for these systems and to manage effectively our sales needs and customer management.
- Experience with Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated data.
- A strong ability to structure, analyze, and manipulate data in Excel.
- The passion, energy and interpersonal skills to build exceptional customer relationships and share the exciting AeroFarms story.
- A track record of problem-solving and the cognitive ability to think of solutions that others hadn’t considered.
- The agility to work in a constantly changing environment while simultaneously being a positive agent for change. The willingness to pitch in wherever critical needs arise.
- A strong project manager with a level of organization and attention to detail that is envied by others and you have used your abilities to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Car to travel for regular store visits, market audits, and events and ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds for set up of events. Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed because we want to connect with our consumers.