We are a medium-sized specialty produce grower with hubs in Immokalee, FL, the Carolina’s and NY State, and are seeking a Sales Manager for the 2017 – 2018 season and beyond. Our team is distributed across our growing regions and this position can be flexibly located, but our preference is someone physically located in the greater NYC area.
This person will work very closely with our CEO, head of sales, and our logistics department, and will be responsible for produce sales. Our customers are nationwide as is our reach, but the focus of this position will be sales in the Mideastern USA, and Eastern USA.
The right person will bring sales and produce industry experience, matched with high energy and outstanding communication skills, to our fast-growing team. The role will have an emphasis on opening new retail accounts.
We are offering a highly competitive package that can be either commission or salary based.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain and grow book of customer contacts.
- Go above and beyond to find and convert new customers.
- Identify new sales opportunities and growth areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of unit profitability to maximize return on every single sale.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with logistics team to ensure completed delivery of all sales.
- Maintain deep awareness of produce market trends and pricing.
- Manage budgets to ensure effectiveness and meet sales targets.
- Be a team player.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can uncover new customers and sales opportunities.
- Established industry contacts and relationships – retail experience a huge plus.
- Ability to analyze and predict changes and trends in multiple produce markets nationwide to maximize profitability of each sale.
- Deep understanding of product inventory.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets to track sales, invoices, BOLs, inventory, and profitability.
- Understanding of the fresh produce supply chain dynamics and norms.
- Proactive problem solver comfortable in a fast-paced, pressure-filled environment.
- Mental agility, street smarts and quickness on one’s feet.