WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Is your obsession with Wild Huckleberries only matched by your love of telling everyone why they should love Wild Huckleberries? We are searching for a food-obsessed Sales Executive, who cannot wait to connect farm-grown, foraged, and specialty products with top local chefs. You should have an intense passion for food, growers and small farm stories – and a desire to share that passion with everyone you work with, from the clients you’ll speak to daily to your team that you’ll dream to inspire.
You’ve worked in sales long enough to know what’s demanded of you: Cold-calling busy chefs, working to gain new clients and maintaining established ones, by sometimes visiting busy, hot kitchens, as the job demands. And, if you like to make and stick to budgets, almost as much as you love analyzing details, you may be our next Sales Executive.
WHO WE ARE
Baldor Specialty Foods is one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor maintains its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. Baldor seeks to provide great specialty foods and logistics that give their customers an edge. To learn more, go to Baldorfood.com
What your day (and week) will look like
- Be the voice of Baldor. There is nothing more powerful than the human touch. We need you to set our service apart from the competition especially in this era of digitation.
- Show us why you Love Sales: Service existing and identify new accounts
- Manage the Money: Maintain sales budgets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Pick up the Phone and Get on the Road: Introduce and recommend new and current products to customers.
- Understand your Audience: Develop and maintain pricing structures that make sense for our business.
- Share responsibility: Supervise and delegate daily duties to team members where applicable.
- Know your Market: Monitor competition and gather field information.
- Share your Two Cents: Recommend changes in products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive landscape.
- Lead with Forward Thinking: Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Strive to Keep Learning: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, visiting our with our farm and partner community, and by walking the box to see what’s great.
What We’ll Love About You
- Your PASSION and knowledge of FOOD!
- Your love of selling the right things to the right people.
- Your skills garnered toward managing target accounts and maintaining client relationships.
- Your history: 4+ years of successful sales or related experience
- Your commitment to high-quality, top notch, everything.
- Your unrivaled communication, negation and presentation abilities.
- Your never-ending get-it-done mindset.
- Your love of working under pressure – in fact, that’s how you thrive.
- Your ability to successfully complete many jobs simultaneously and to prioritize.
- Your love of organization, leading a team and celebrating successes.
- Your brilliant computer skills that will help you master our technology systems.
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.