Three Trees, the brand behind the world’s most pure and delicious plant-based milks, is seeking an experienced leader to be a part of our executive team. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-growth natural foods startup solving a big problem in the food industry today: the lack of delicious, clean, and nourishing plant-based foods. We are the leading brand that stands for uncompromising quality and taste. Our nut and seed milks are delighting consumers across the country. With 6 years of demonstrated traction and success in the market, the company is poised for high growth in a hot industry. Three Trees is an established startup making a real impact.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven VP of Sales to join our team. This is an incredible opportunity to join a plant-based food company that has industry-altering implications, and play a critical role helping people connect to healthy food! You will lead the charge in generating revenue and driving brand awareness across the country. The Sales Director is responsible for managing our network of broker partners to drive sales. This individual is also responsible for sales forecasting, sales calls, account management, promotional planning, and trade and marketing spend. There will be ownership for the right candidate, and the opportunity to take a highly innovative, proven product to a national stage.
- Sales forecasting and update sales plans to achieve company’s revenue and strategic goals
- Manage and oversee a network of brokers and distribution partners; motivate and energize broker partners to achieve company’s sales objectives
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key customers and retail accounts
- Build and deliver effective presentations to brokers / distributors / customers; make sales calls to retail accounts
- Develop promotional plans, trade spend, and work within budget guidelines to achieve sales objectives (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Analyze sales data and track sales performance against objectives
- Become an industry expert, staying on top of consumers’ evolving needs and market trends
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of Marketing programs such as a demo program
- Oversee the planning and execution of Marketing events, including trade shows
- Oversee the implementation of our digital marketing plan including: website, social media, SEO/SEM
- Manage creative resources, create brand assets and all Marketing collateral
New business development
- Identify and pursue new retailers and customers in new channels to meet annual goals
- Establish relationships with and sell-in to new accounts and channels
You must possess the following qualities:
- A passion for our vision and brand
- “Hunter” mentality to secure new accounts
- High energy, motivation, work-ethic, and accountability
- Resourceful, action and results-oriented
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fluid environment
- A strong sense of ownership and urgency in all matters related to the health of the business
- Great people and relationship-building skills
- Analytical, attention to detail, ability to be roll up sleeves and get things done
- 5+ years of prior sales leadership experience in the CPG Food space- required.
- Start-up experience is highly valued
- National relationships with key retailers in the natural, club and grocery channels in the dairy space – a huge plus!
- Experience managing brokers, distributors, retailers in the Natural channel
- Knowledge of the natural and conventional grocery channels
- Self motivated, humble, analytical, attention to detail, ability to roll up sleeves and get it done
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Most importantly, you are passionate about food, re-designing the food chain, improving its sustainability, and sharing incredible plant based nut and seed milks with the world!
The full-time, exempt position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and will require some travel.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.
At Our Core, We Are:
Entrepreneurial. We strive for excellence– we deliver consistently strong performance, and go to great lengths to delight customers. We take great pride in our work. We are results-focused. Strong work ethic and ownership mentality are in our DNA; we roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes!
Authentic. We bring our honest, full selves to work every day. We give and receive candid and direct feedback. We value integrity, humility, and kindness. There is no room for big egos on our team.
Mission-Driven. We are passionate and driven by ideals. Our can-do attitude and commitment to higher standards set us apart and keep us aligned and focused.