Community Grains is on the path to dramatically scale up in 2017, and we need another team member to open doors and increase sales velocity. We’re looking for a Sales Associate to help grow our retail and foodservice customers as well as maintain our current customer base. The Sales Associate will work closely with and report to both the Director of Sales as well as the Founder/CEO. He/she will also work closely with the Operations and Marketing Managers.
Because we are a small company of five, the Sales Associate will need to be comfortable wearing many hats. The average day may include travel throughout the greater Bay Area meeting to meet with retailers, bakers, chefs and distributors, or to occasionally make a special delivery of flour. There will be travel to Southern California about every other month to meet with retailers and distributors), as well as very occasional out-of-state travel for a trade show or meeting.
The ideal candidate for this position is a motivated self-starter and is very flexible. A sense of humor, friendly demeanor, penchant for detail, and ability to quickly switch gears when the unexpected happens is essential. A strong connection to and passion for the local food movement and experience with food retailers is a plus.
- Grow and manage account portfolio
- Maintain and grow Community Grains shelf and menu presence through development of relationships via email, phone, and in-person meetings
- Establish new foodservice and retail accounts
- Work with Operations team to quickly fulfill sample requests
- Manage database of accounts (Pipedrive) and up-to-date sales materials
- Manage promotions and demo programs across channels
- Develop and maintain promo and demo calendars; develop tools and reports to measure and communicate results of said programs
- Manage relationships with demo partners
- Develop swag program to be used for marketing and demo purposes
- Help with event support and coordination (food shows, conferences, CG-sponsored events, farm visits, etc.)
- Proactively seek out ways to improve our sales processes, channels, relationship management, and product feedback cycles
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as member of the Community Grains team
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in direct sales or account management; experience in marketing is a major plus
- Results-oriented and driven to exceed monthly sales goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for distilling complex stories
- A strong and persuasive presenter and storyteller; outgoing, friendly, and engaging, both in person and on the phone
- You thrive in an environment with limited resources and are able to work independently; ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced start-up environment where tasks and priorities constantly evolve is a must
- A good listener and team player
- Passionate and curious about local (and delicious!) food
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and decision making skills
- Proficient in Mac with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; proficient in or able to quickly learn account management software
- Ability to work the occasional night or weekend and to travel locally and overnight
- Must have access to a car and have a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- College degree or equivalent experience
To apply please email email@example.com
Please send a cover letter and your resume. Please include why you would be a stellar sales candidate and why you are interested in good food.
Salaried, Varies DOE, $50,000 – $60,000
Why You Should Work With Us
Community Grains is a fast growing, dynamic work environment where you can quite literally get your hands dirty. We work hand in hand with farmers, bakers, scientists, chefs, millers, and eaters to build a food system that is mutually beneficial and sustainable, while pushing the needle on taste. If this sounds interesting to you, and you can hit the ground running pursuing leads and building relationships, we’d love to hear from you!