What We’re Looking For
You know that the world of apples is bigger than Galas, Red Delicious and Granny Smiths. Maybe you haven’t had them all yet, but you dream of sampling every Heirloom variety out there, and of sharing your finds with others. Your quest to learn more about Specialty foods, sales and team work sets you apart from your peers, as does your belief that excellent customer service is the only way to deliver customer service. Baldor Specialty Foods is seeking passionate food lovers for the role of Sales Assistant, who cannot wait to learn and grow in a speedy, interactive environment.
Who We Are
Baldor Specialty Foods is one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor maintains its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. Baldor seeks to provide great specialty foods and logistics that give their customers an edge. To learn more, go to www.baldorfood.com.
What Your Day (And Week) Will Look Like
- Be the voice of Baldor. There is nothing more powerful than the human touch. We need you to set our service apart from the competition, especially in this era of digitization.
- Sales, Sales, Sales: Service existing accounts as assigned by your Sales Executive
- Stay informed: Provide clients with daily prices, market fluctuations, new items and so much more
- Lead with Forward Thinking: Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer complaints, determining the cause of the problem and making sure the customer is routed on the appropriate truck.
- Inform customers of, and help enforce, Baldor’s pick up and credit policy.
- Woo the New: Identify prospective clients using advertising campaigns, mailing lists and personal contacts. Contact prospective customers to introduce them to Baldor
What We’ll Love About You
- Your PASSION for and knowledge of FOOD!
- Your love of selling and your ability to present and promote produce and specialty food items in the most exciting, invested way.
- Your brilliant computer skills that will help you navigate all of our technology systems
- Your experience in Sales (not required but a huge plus)
- Your Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or an equal amount of years employed in sales.
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status