Illuminate Food is a small business based in NJ with the goal of supporting local farms in the area and helping our customers know where their food comes from as well as learn to eat and cook with local ingredients. We started at the beginning of the pandemic and have developed a committed customer base we rely on many vendor relationships all around NJ and NY.
Beyond promoting the farm box, there is an great opportunity to help educate consumers about where their food comes from and cooking seasonally. This role is hourly to start but could become something more substantial over time. The immediate needs are on Social Media (Instagram and Facebook) as well as our e-mail marketing tool – Klaviyo. This position will be about 10-15 hours per week.
- Create social media feed posts and stories related to our vendors, seasonal produce, sustainable agriculture and food system issues and recipes.
- Schedule posts in Later.com
- Post in our Community Facebook group
- Depending on your schedule and skillset, help with our marketing and communication emails
Skills & Experience
- We are looking for someone with experience in writing, we like to engage our users using social media to tell the story of the farms and businesses we work with
- Experience with social media is a must
- Experience using Canva or making basic graphic designs is a plus
- Experience in marketing and communications is a bonus
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest and attach your resume.
Depending on your experience this position will be hourly or a weekly stipend.
Why You Should Work With Us
We are an awesome and growing company that is more than just cooking and recipes. We believe what differentiates us is our commitment to knowing farmers and understanding the food system. Help us educate not only our customers but all of our followers!