Mori is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Research Associate for our Product Development team. The Research Associate will contribute to the method development and study execution required to bring products to market through the following responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in research of consumer-packaged goods, including concept development, experimental design, and project execution
- Oversee data collection and analysis for coating and performance testing studies
- Collaborate with teammates on product design and implementation
- Support novel method development and study design and aid in relevant data collection and analysis of other CPG projects
- Regular communication of results as well as suggestions for next steps and further method development
- Contribute to a highly enthusiastic, creative, and welcoming environment
Skills & Experience
- B.S. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, food science, or a similar field
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and fields, solve challenging scientific and technical problems, think independently, and be adaptive to a fluid, project-based work environment
- Detail-oriented with strong data tracking, observation, and analysis skills
- Organization, record keeping, and communication skills are highly valued
- Collaborative team player capable of executing and tracking studies independently when needed
- Hands-on experience conducting lab-based experiments optimizing the shelf-life of food items is a plus
If interested in applying to the Mori team, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Research Associate (Product)” in the subject line.
Why You Should Work With Us
Mori, formerly known as Cambridge Crops, is a fast-moving, venture backed, B2B, technology start-up focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Specifically, we leverage the unique properties of a naturally derived protein found in silk to extend the shelf life of perishable foods, including whole and cut produce, meat, and seafood.
Our mission statement, “More Food, Less Waste,” is supported by our company goals to reduce food waste, improve supply chain efficiencies, and increase food access.
Our tight-knit team has spent their careers developing and commercializing technology. We abide by the following values:
- Think big, start small
- Embrace complexity
- See it through
- Operate with care
- Keep perspective
Our employees enjoy a generous and flexible paid-time-off policy. Mori also offers all full-time employees comprehensive physical and mental health benefits.
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.