We’re looking for a Research Analyst to join the KitchenTown team! You will be at the forefront of our effort to discover innovative food, foodtech, and agtech startups and uncover new food trends. You will be a critical contributor to our Innovation Services Program.
The Research Analyst will conduct qualitative and quantitative research on food innovation, scout for emerging companies that align with client partners’ areas of interest, and help prepare reports and presentations to share research findings. This role reports to KitchenTown’s Director of Strategy.
KitchenTown provides a unique opportunity to work and learn alongside founders, food scientists, operational experts, marketers, chefs, legacy food company innovation teams, and everyone in between who makes it all happen. You will have access to the same knowledge and resources that we give our founders and will receive an inside look at what it takes to build an impact-driven food business and the innovations happening across the industry.
Ideal candidates will know what makes an idea truly innovative and have a keen sense for discovering companies that are defining the future of food. You have an insatiable curiosity for food systems innovation and a deep understanding of industry and consumer trends.
- Research and discover disruptive food startups and trends
- Contribute to and maintain KitchenTown’s comprehensive startup database, streamline data entry, and maintain clean and up to date information
- Synthesize research findings into decks and presentations that tell startups stories
- Assist in managing and tracking project timelines and information to meet established milestones
- Support the development of new materials and improve upon processes for the growing Innovation Services Program
- Engage with startups to learn about their businesses and evaluate potential fit for our partnership opportunities
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in research, consulting, corporate strategy, or other functions with strong research focus
- Previous work or study in the food or CPG industries
- Deep interest in food systems transformation, especially related to sustainability, nutrition, and equity.
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solver
- Motivated self-starter who is naturally proactive
- Intellectually curious with a willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Advanced computer skills (Google Suite, Microsoft Office, project management systems, Database management systems.)
Please email your cover letter and resume with subject line “Research Analyst” to email@example.com.
This is a full-time, exempt role. This position can be fully remote, with options to come in-person to our headquarters in San Mateo, CA. Salary commensurate with experience. We are not able to provide relocation at this time.