We are seeking a Relationship Development Manager for our food partnerships in the Los Angeles Area. The position is based in our office in west LA. As a Relationship Development Manager, your primary goal is to ensure that we find best in class food producers with the ability to support both variety in our portfolio development and scalability of our supply chain. This position specializes in sourcing fresh, ready to eat meals at scale.
You will bring an existing network of relationships including regional kitchens, restaurant chains and copackers to feed the dish development pipeline. Through your relationships and new leads you will qualify potential partners across a multitude of cuisines.
- Network best in class partners to meet portfolio targets
- Qualify partners for their ability to deliver safe supply at scale
- Coordinate spec pitches with a project manager to green light development
- Transition vetted partners into the dish development pipeline
- Work closely with new partners to ensure that they understand what is expected of them and how they can be successful from the beginning, be on-site when necessary.
- Identify core competencies that add value to the relationship; LTO’s, Seasonal Offerings, Assembly Ready Ingredients, etc.
Coordinate standardized feedback loop for partners with project manager including quarterly reviews
- Act as a resource to help guide negotiations and any escalations in the relationship
- Attend local and national trade shows
Inform team on competitive actions, food trends and shifts in the local and national marketplace
- Be ready to do whatever else is necessary to evolve the relationships for the betterment of the customer experience
- Minimum 3 years of business development experience, preferably you are familiar with product development in USDA, FDA and SQF certified facilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both with colleagues and with external partners/customers. You should be someone who people like and trust. Difficult people need not apply.
- You have a strong sense of what the main stream expectation is across common cuisines. Fussy eaters and food snobs need not apply.
- You are analytical and like using data to drive decision-making. You are extremely comfortable with computers, spreadsheets, online tools, etc. Technophobes need not apply.
- Winning attitude – you don’t mind surprises, you like each day to be different, you’re good on your feet and are a problem solver.
- You thrive in having a goal and the autonomy to map your own path to success.
Please send a cover letter that indicates that you’ve read this job description, have thought about it, and tells us why you are right for this job. Note that if you skip this step, your application will not be considered.
In addition to a great lunch Eat Club offers stock options, 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance and commuter benefits.