Honey Mama’s mission is to offer body-loving, heart-healthy foods that naturally stimulate well-being and are out of this world delicious. We strive to create relationships internally and with all of our suppliers and customers that circulate joy, gentleness and reverence.
You are eager to continue your career in Sales as part of a rapidly-growing natural foods brand. You are a self-starter who thrives in a small team environment, appreciates hard work, and embraces heart-driven values. You enjoy collaborating with teammates, as well as working independently. You know and understand the mission behind Honey Mama’s and take pride in being a key team member responsible for growing the brand.
What You Will Do
The Regional Sales Manager (NE) will manage all independents and chains in the Northeast territory, with a primary focus on NYC Metro. This role will be critical in optimizing distribution and increasing brand awareness in the NE region – a market with significant upside.
Who You Will Work With?
As a member of the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, the individual in this role will report to the Senior Sales Manager for Central/East and work closely with Honey Mama’s distributor and merchandising partners in the NE region. This role will call for collaboration within the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, as well as cross-departmental communication with the Marketing and Operations teams as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage and grow all independent & chain accounts in the Northeast region that pull from Rainforest DSD, UNFI, and KeHE and/or other partners operating in the NE. Determine optimum distribution channel for each account with support from the Senior Sales Manager, broker, and DSD groups.
· Manage Rainforest DSD partnership, ensuring their team has the support they need to be successful at HQ and in the field; schedule quarterly ride alongs, lead check-in calls, create annual promotional plans, approve placement deals. Review and analyze distributor shipment reports and inventory levels. Identify and fill voids at existing accounts. Optimize on-shelf assortment, pricing, promos.
· Streamline, manage, and continually evaluate ROI from merchandising support in the NE region.
· Lead any HQ call opportunities with key accounts, such as Key Foods, Fairway, ShopRite.
· Determine viable in-store marketing opportunities and collaborate with the Honey Mama’s Marketing team to budget and execute.
· Champion in-store excellence for the company through collaboration with DSD & merchandising team(s), and regularly scheduled store/merchandising visits.
· Provide onsite support for Honey Mama’s Demo/Brand Ambassador and/or lead demos as needed.
· Support the Senior Sales Manager with weekly and monthly UNFI Data Analytics.
· Support Sales and Marketing teams with key initiatives as needed.
· Passion for products supporting health and nutrition
· Experience with one or more break out brands: companies that have successfully moved from natural foods to conventional and nationwide distribution
· Experience managing retail accounts in the NE region, at both the store level and with HQ buyer
· Demonstrated exceptional sales results in past sales roles
· Ability to set and manage one’s own day-to-day schedule without super close oversight from supervisor
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Strong data analytics skills
· Flexibility to adapt / desire to take on more responsibilities as company grows
· Ability to collaborate with supervisor, teammates, and cross-functional teams
· Ability and excitement to travel within/around NYC and the broader NE region, as well as periodic trips to Portland HQ
· Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Relevant experience directly managing / interacting with CPG distributors & retailers
· High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to positively influence others
· Desire to operate in a start-up environment as a key role on a small, hungry sales team