Smallhold is in the process of a national scale-up. We are
building our distributed network of farms in major cities throughout the United
States. Current operations continue to grow at our recently launched hubs in
Brooklyn, NY and Austin, TX, and we have an ambitious goal to expand to
Southern California next.
This role will work closely with our Operations team to
build our largest farm to date — a ~30,000sf facility near Los Angeles, CA.
The SoCal Regional Manager will need to hire and develop a successful farm
team, identify and outfit the facility with optimal equipment, manage
construction, and ensure all facility production milestones are met.
The SoCal Regional Manager will report directly to the
- 5+ years experience managing food manufacturing operations
- Systems development and implementation experience, including writing and
implementing SOP’s, operational safety programs, food safety programs,
inventory management systems and ERP implementation
- Leadership and team building from scratch
- Knowledge and experience operating and maintaining food production equipment
- Experience managing complex supply chains in a growing startup environment
- Demand planning and/or forecasting (with the support of sales and operations) and
- Budget management experience
- Warehousing, fulfillment experience in a rapidly growing manufacturing, agricultural
or similar environment
- Production planning in a farm or manufacturing role
- Produce, dairy or other highly perishable cold-chain experience
- Passion for the environment to the point that you’re willing to sometimes “do
things the hard way” in order to keep a sustainable focus
- Strong cross-departmental communicator
Email your resume to email@example.com
with a short intro explaining
who you are and why you’re interested in this role.