We’re working to make healthy eating easy.
Three years ago we launched our app MealPrepPro. The app gives users a healthy weekly meal plan customised to their calories, goals and preferences.
MealPrepPro encourages our customers to prepare enough food so that they have leftovers (meal prep). Making it easier for healthy to be the default option.
In the past three years the app has grown at breakneck speed. On day one we had 104 recipes. Now, two years later, we have over 900 recipes along with plans for vegetarians, pescatarians, keto and plant-based diets.
Through a combination of analytics, along with feedback from customers we’ve learned which recipes our users love. Our challenge is to line up the elements and create healthy recipes that are:
- Practical – using everyday ingredients and kitchen equipment.
- Realistic – so you can be in and out the kitchen.
- Easy to follow – with a few, well thought out and clearly explained steps.
- Meal prep friendly – can be prepared in advance and will keep refrigerated for a couple of days.
Aside from delivering amazing recipes, MealPrepPro also offers a highly personalised plan. The app takes in to account a users lifestyle, preferences and priorities.
We are now launching new recipes, new plans and bringing more personalisation.
That’s where you come in!
The magic in the role is in really understanding our customers. Everyday users don’t have an enormous pantry, a limitless budget and the knife skills of a trained chef. They’re short on time and want to eat delicious meals, without spending hours in the kitchen.
The three main parts of the role are organising, writing and testing new recipes.
This means lots of time in the kitchen, testing and improving recipes our users will love. It also means being able to plan ahead and build a realistic content schedule that aligns with the company goals.
Once a recipe is perfected in the kitchen, you’ll write mouth-watering recipe introductions and a set of steps that are easy to follow. When the recipe is ready, you’ll create a brief for the photographers and work with them to ensure the images fit our style. You’ll then input recipes into our database and coordinate with marketing to promote our new content to existing and new customers.
The kind of recipes you’ll write will vary depending on the plan and on user feedback.
Testing and improving recipes means questioning; Is this recipe meal prep friendly? Are the ingredients affordable? Is this an instruction that will be understood by customers in the US as well as the UK? Is there a way I can make this recipe easier to follow? Is the time it takes to make this recipe really worth it?
Longer term, you’re responsibilities will grow to managing a team of recipe writers and content producers. You’ll work closely with our marketing team to build a strong understanding of our customers, their challenges and their successes.
- You’re organised, detail oriented and creative.
- You know your way around a kitchen.
- You have strong IT skills too.
- You understand cooking techniques but you’ll often compromise authenticity in favor of simplicity.
- You have experience measuring, timing and documenting every part of the cooking process.
- You’ve worked in a test kitchen environment and you’ve written recipes before.
- You have an understanding of nutrition.
- You know that healthy isn’t one size fits all and respect everyone’s unique approach to health.
- You care about helping customers eat healthy through easy to follow recipes.
- You want to constantly learn: About nutrition, about making healthy eating easy, about our customers.
- You want to continuously improve what you’re doing.
- You want to work in a small team where it’s clear what’s expected of you and you’re trusted to deliver.
MealPrepPro offers a range of meal plans and you’ll need to be comfortable testing ingredients including meat, fish, dairy, onions etc.
You will need a well equipped kitchen for recipe testing. You’ll be reimbursed for ingredient expenses.
Benefits & location
REMOTE: This is a remote job. You will be on a full time freelancer contract. Pay is based on experience.
FLEXIBLE: You will be required to work core hours each week but you will have flexibility in how you manage your schedule.
FREE: All ingredients will be paid for so you will have minimal personal grocery expenses.
HOLIDAYS: You will have a large degree of flexibility on annual leave, 28 days is standard.
We invite applicants from the East Coast of the US and Canada. We also welcome applicants in the UK and Ireland. This is because the majority of our users are based in these areas. We also need to achieve time zone overlap with the rest of the team.
How to apply
If you think this job sounds exciting then we’re eager to hear from you! Send us samples of your work, tell us about your experience and why you want this job, not just any.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written application
- We may request additional information
- Call for interview
- Paid task
- Job offer
Interviews begin late August. Applications will close as soon as the position has been filled.