We are looking for an R&D Manager to lead our product formulation and commercialization efforts. Culinary International is a fast-growing co-packer with a team of over 200 people committed to making high quality frozen and refrigerated packaged food. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about our company and this opportunity.
- Formulate frozen and refrigerated food products based on customer specifications and financial requirements.
- Prepare bench-top samples.
- Establish product manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and approve new ingredients.
- Conduct new product trial runs and communicate with customers.
- Prepare process documentation to enable smooth commercialization and training of plant personnel.
- Generate nutritional information using commercial software.
- Special assessments and duties from senior management.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in food science; a minimum of 7 years of experience in food product development or commercialization.
Compensation & Benefits:
Culinary International offers competitive packages that include performance bonuses, vacation and sick days, medical/vision/dental/life insurance, and a retirement plan / 401k.
As a contract manufacturer in the frozen and refrigerated food categories, Culinary International offers full product development services that include ideation, recipe & packaging, and logistics, to our diverse customer base including:
- Retail private label product development from concept to fully integrated supply chain on a national level.
Retail branded contract manufacturing based on either customer supplied or jointly developed recipes/specification.
Retail branded manufacturing for the club store & convenience store markets.
Food service manufacturing based on target market requirements.
The main difference between Culinary International and other similar manufacturers is our passion for home-style cooking product development. This entails a greater focus on in-house ingredient processing & cooking when possible, as opposed to pre-processed or IQF ingredients. By using more in-house cooking processes, we can obtain a depth of flavor infusion not possible in formulations based on mixing of pre-processed or IQF ingredients and sauces.
This role would work at the center of this process. If you’re interested in joining our team, please contact us.