As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience in the food industry to help us grow.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential and other leading venture funds.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for ensuring products meet the established standards of quality. She/He will lead and/or assist the Senior Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance in drafting/implementing quality assurance policies and procedures. She/He will establish and implement quality assurance standards, and devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Drafting and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Development of sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Monitoring and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality and compliance with product specifications.
- Internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
- Development of corrective, preventive actions and monitoring for efficacy and conformance.
- Investigation of customer complaints and other quality assurance activities.
- Collection/compiling of statistical quality data and preparation of quality reports.
- Quality trainings to meet quality standards.
- The review of quality and inspection systems for efficiency.
- Interpreting, implementing and evaluating adequacy of quality assurance standards.
- Analyzing data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Assuring ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring risk management activities.
- On-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Min. 5-8 years of experience in Quality Assurance in the Food Industry
- Certifications a plus including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement, Six Sigma
- Experience with ready-to-eat perishable products (growing, packaging and shipping), quality inspections, auditing and testing experience, statistics, microbiology, sanitation and regulatory is a definitive plus
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) trained, certification a plus
- SQF (Safe Quality Food) practitioner preferred
- Extensive experience with GMP and implementation of corrective action (CAPA) programs
- Extensive experience in Food Safety & Quality Management Systems and pre-requisite programs
- Knowledge of FDA, USDA, and relevant regulatory requirements
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Attention to detail, data collection, management and analysis
- Planning and organizing
- Problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Energetic, forward-thinking, creative, high standards, good judgement
- Team and customer service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be able to write SOPs)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work in 32-36 degree temperature throughout the day