To manage the maintenance and continued growth of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance processes for The Farm Bridge (TFB). To provide on-going assurance that TFB food products and food safety practices conform to our standards and specifications. The QA Manager will assure compliance with USDA, FDA, FSMA regulations, Sanitary Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, SQF and other related, applicable food safety guidelines and regulations. The QA manager will work closely with operations, production and management at TFB. Reports directly to the CEO. Part of Senior Management Team with the opportunity to share in the growth and direction of the organization.
- Develop, organize and supervise the comprehensive quality and food safety programs.
- Provide ongoing guidance, supervision, and vision to support comprehensive quality and food safety programs for TFB and TFB customers.
- Work with production to train and motivate line employees in QA and QC.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts – As well as plan and perform annual mock recalls.
- Introduce, monitor and update quality and food safety programs in conjunction with other departments to meet company and regulatory objectives.
- Lead HACCP, FSMA, SQF, Food Safety and Food Defense Teams.
- Review quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections.
- Supervise, host, or conduct internal and external audits.
- Provides regular progress reports to CEO.
- Organize and maintain vendor documents.
- Document, investigate and respond to customer complaints.
Skills & Experience
- Quality Assurance Manager must have cutting-edge analytical skills, the ability to identify problems in products, a keen eye for details and consistent study on quality-related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Certifications
- Food processing experience to include expert understanding of GMP’s and Personnel Practices.
- Experience dealing with food safety regulatory authorities.
- Training and experience in sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Training with certification and experience in HACCP and FSMA
- Training (Certified SQF Practitioner) and experience in SQF Systems.
- Strong computer and record keeping skills – Strong leadership qualities.
Three references are required
Salary 40-65k + Company Performance Bonus + Company Paid Health Insurance, Vacation.
Why You Should Work With Us
The Farm Bridge (TFB) is a fast-paced growing company that manufactures a wide range of food items for regional farms and specialty food companies. TFB is a B-Corp that cares deeply for local farms, its local community and its employees. TFB is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join its team and expand its systems to ensure continued production of the highest quality food possible. The right Quality Assurance Manager will play a valuable role at TFB helping us to continue to produce award winning products for ourselves and our customers.