The Production Manager at Chef’d oversees the physical operations of the Chef’d portioning/pre-build production teams. Responsible for strategic scheduling and planning of the portioning and production teams, staff efficiency, machinery / equipment maintenance, scheduling, coordination in aid of special projects, training and motivating employees. The Production Manager leads the food production/portioning/pre-build teams, storage, subdivision and re-packaging of raw ingredients while meeting optimization goals configured with costs and improving production to scale.
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Assign and build production schedule for raw bulk ingredients into specifically portion sized amounts according to recipe requirements and/or production work ordersConstant and consistent team motivator
- Package resized ingredients into Chef’d packagingProcess ingredients w/ as minimal handling as possible following HACCP/food service protocolTrack and log all product changes into systemManage team of 20+ employees
- Move and load product on racks, tubs, transits working closely with inventory control teamAdhere to all
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and warehouse best practices
- Responsible for meeting the goals and objectives established by the Operations Manager
- Maintain, evaluate and enforce a constant clean and safe work area
- Responsible for monitoring and following all food safety and quality procedures outlined in HACCP/OSHA requirements.
- Operate and enforce safe handling of equipment following proper procedures, with special emphasis on safety; utilize
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)Accurately schedules daily & weekly production runs based on customer orders and forecasts Performs capacity studies for long-term demand versus plant capability
- Analyzes production inventory, work orders for shortages & item fulfillmentsLeads work order planning and coordinates replenishment in support of finished goods production
Skills & Experience
- Team Leadership
- WMSWarehouse management
- Pick/Pack and production line experience
- Training process development
- eCommerce fulfillment
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Food Handlers Certification
- OSHA 10 hour Certification
Why Work at Chef’d?
We’re an ambitious and promising startup focused on taking an Uncle Morty sized piece of pie out of the fastest growing segment of the mobile ecommerce and grocery industries.You’ll work with equally talented,hardworking, and fun individuals who all play an irreplaceable role in accomplishing that core mission.You will make a difference.We built a brand new HQ in El Segundo, less than a mile from the beach, and it is SWEET.
We offer competitive salary packages, full health benefits, 401K, and a delicious work environment.