What You’ll Be Working On
As the Production Manager, you will oversee activities on the production line including hiring the production team, maintaining schedules to budget, forecasting and managing production to produce on time. The Production Manager is responsible for following all safety, Good Manufacturing Principles and procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor. This role carries the great responsibility to protect all the hard work invested in the coffee beans we purchase from our roaster partners, maintaining their freshness as we fulfill customer orders.
This is a management role that leads the production team to maintain efficiencies in line performance and quality controls and reports and resolves defective materials or questionable conditions, working with the Quality Assurance team. Collaborating with the operations and engineering teams, you will refine and maintain guidelines for proper assembly and production of our key product. We always work as a team to make sure we deliver no matter the challenge, and we will expect a strong positive attitude towards these challenges. This role will be based in the company’s warehouse, located in Belmont, CA.
- A team player and problem solver, demonstrating strong personal initiative.
- An efficient and clean operator, taking pride in your work and your workstations.
- Able to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Able to read and speak English proficiently, and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Coming in with at least one year of coffee-related experience – or have excitement to learn more about this space.
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers (plan, draw up, and monitor production schedules; review employee performance and identify training needs; work with managers to implement company’s policies and goals; ensure health and safety guidelines are followed at all times)
- Hands-on order fulfillment – ensure customer orders are completed on-time, to budget, meeting quality standards & targets (assemble, pack, label, and organize coffee bags with diligence and care, ensuring each coffee is packed to perfection; manage inventory to make sure that there is enough stock levels, shipping materials, packaging, and labels for upcoming productions; assist in deliveries and shipments, which may include receiving/organizing incoming shipments, delivering orders to various Mail Offices, coordinating pick-ups, or delivering coffee directly to clients!)
- Keep the facility organized, clean, and professional (manage the janitorial team; maintain facility cleanliness & set example for the team to do the same; facilitate repairs of any damaged equipment)
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.