Are you excited to work on one of the most important global issues of our time? Are you passionate about making a measurable difference in the battle against food waste? Does working on a small team with the ability to influence direction and drive innovation sound exciting?
We have an immediate opportunity for a Junior Product Manager to join our team. This role supports the Director of Product with product planning and execution, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, refining and communicating the product roadmap, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure product goals are achieved.
Leanpath has a unique, patented set of hardware that we have deployed globally in the fight against food waste. Our “Trackers” are custom designed devices that connect to a variety of scales and sensors. They transmit data from the kitchen to the Cloud, where it’s converted into a number of insights and reports which help our customers make better decisions in the way that they prepare and serve food. We also offer a powerful suite of behavior change tools to ensure that food waste prevention becomes a daily habit, changing the culture of the kitchen to drive a more waste-aware, efficient operation. This role is empowered to work on all aspects of our product.
Essential Functions of this Role:
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Work closely with software and hardware engineering teams to deliver high quality product features efficiently
- Project manage new product launches working with marketing and customer success colleagues
- Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape to respond to market signals
- Get hands on with our products and with our customers
- Support validation of new features and functionality as they are developed
- Deliver on product goals via rapid and high-quality execution
- Bachelor’s degree (MS/BS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
- 1+ year of experience in product management
- SaaS product management experience is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills