Spoiler Alert is looking for a driven, analytical and customer-focused Product Manager to build upon the success of our existing product and contribute to future product offering. In this role, you will have the opportunity to own a product area, starting with definition, through to coordinating development, feature release, and beyond. You will navigate trade-offs throughout the process, and own the resulting outcomes. As an early member of our Product team, you will bring your unique perspective to our business and culture, not just our product roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to help create solutions that are wins for customers, Spoiler Alert, and the food supply chain at large, as well as make an impact on climate change and food access.
You will demonstrate extreme ownership, first principles thinking, attention to detail, and comfort with ambiguity. This role is highly cross-functional and will require close collaboration with internal stakeholders across the engineering, sales, and customer success functions.
- Drive feature iteration and tradeoffs from idea to discovery and design to deployment to maintenance and monitoring – and back again
- Prioritize tasks and features within your product area to ensure we are building the right things at the right time
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations through frequent and clear communication
- Build trust and relationships with our customers and users and across the Spoiler Alert team
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to shape and ship effective solutions
- Think about scope critically and ensure that product development efforts are focused on where they can create the most value
- Develop and maintain a robust set of documentation assets that describe and demonstrate what the product is and does
- Track metrics and make data-informed product decisions
- Work with the product and engineering teams to build processes and a strong culture
- 2+ years working on a team making a web-based SaaS product
- 2+ years working at a startup
- A blend of strategy, execution, user empathy, and business savvy
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to comfortably manage ambiguous requirements and shifting priorities
- Previous experience taking an idea to launch with limited resources
- Strong, proactive communication skills. You have the ability to articulate user needs, business value of products, and also get into the technical details with engineers
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first company environment
- Significant overlap with work hours in GMT-5 (Eastern Time)
- Experience using data analysis to glean product insight
- Experience creating workflow diagrams
- Experience mocking up UI concepts in software such as Balsamic, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Previous experience working on a product with real-world operational components
- Previous experience working on a supply chain or supply chain-adjacent product
- Coding experience
About Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels – with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. Founded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world’s largest brands, including Campbell’s, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation – at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs – including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management – to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation’s leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12 weeks of paid universal parental leave
- 15 company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 15 vacation days and 5 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Life insurance and paid family and medical leave
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.