Spoiler Alert is looking for a talented designer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to join a growth stage startup and contribute to both product and marketing design to help shape the user experience of our platform, and brand for our company.
At Spoiler Alert, we are working with some of the largest food companies in the world to minimize waste in the supply chain by maximizing the value of excess and distressed inventory. We believe the design of our products and brand are critical in driving adoption of our platform. Your design decisions will enable us to enrich our product offerings, elevate our message, and scale our impact within the food industry.
The position reports to the Lead Product Designer and requires cross-functional input and collaboration. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to research, prototype and design transformative features for our platform. You will also work with leadership, sales, and marketing to design marketing materials that shape our brand.
You will be responsible for executing on several projects spanning product and marketing. As we scale, you will have the opportunity to define your focus and determine which area of design you’d like to specialize in.
- Collaborate with the team to design new features and enhance existing ones
- Design wireframes, user flows and high fidelity mockups
- Work closely with engineering team to ensure accurate implementation
- Work with and expand upon our existing component library to ensure consistency throughout our experience
- Collaborate on user research projects to gather feedback and make informed design decisions
- Learn, practice, and develop your craft with the support of the team
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions
- Work with and expand upon our existing marketing design guidelines
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and leadership to design imagery and layouts that can be used to achieve the promotional and marketing goals of the company
- Iterate on our marketing website
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Figma and Zeplin (we use Figma + Zeplin)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustration, and Photoshop)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS as it applies to creating realistic design solutions.
- 2-4 years of experience
- A basic knowledge of the product development process, from ideation through deployment
- Experience working at a B2B SaaS company
- Must have an online portfolio of recent work
- Experience creating marketing materials (Ex: social media graphics, white papers, booklets, PPTX templates etc)
About Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels – with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. Founded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world’s largest brands, including Campbell’s, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation – at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs – including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management – to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation’s leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12 weeks of paid universal parental leave
- 15 company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 15 vacation days and 5 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Life insurance and paid family and medical leave
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.