As the Producer Support Operations Specialist, your role is to assist a global team of field advisors and support the operations carried out with farms and workers in the Fair Trade Certification program. Field advisors are in charge of ensuring successful implementation of the Fair Trade standards (Agricultural Production Standard) by training implementors at farms, training farm workers, monitoring compliance and advocating for change of labor management, safety and farming practices to ensure conformity with Fair Trade Standards.
This is a critical role to further scale the Fair Trade Agricultural program and create efficiencies across core operations of the Producer Services Field Team, enabling scalable growth to improve the livelihoods of more farmers and farm workers around the world. This role will work closely with the Senior Manager in Producer Services for hired labor supply chains.
Engagement with field advisors and farms will primarily take place over video calls or email, with approximately 10% of time traveling annually to producing regions.
- Deliver operational metrics on Fair Trade Certified producers and their progress in the Fair Trade journey. This includes administering targeted dashboards and building reports on program implementation milestones, onboarding pipeline data, lead conversion rates, compliance data insights, etc.
- Gather, record and report insights from supply chains to improve internal exchange of information about the producers and workers we serve. Collaborate with Communications Field Staff and act as a hub for managing data flow on updates from the field, producer profiles and supply chain briefings.
- Support efforts to gather and analyze producer data to identify market opportunities for Fair Trade Certified agricultural operations – including maintenance of supply chain mapping data, updates on production and market capacity, etc.
- Ensure successful implementation of the Farmworker Engagement Program – maintain training calendar, track budget updates and coordinate third party trainers across different supply chains and countries.
- Provide ongoing training on platform usability and applicability for the specific roles within the Field Team. Support rollout of new salesforce features, tech systems and internal tools.
- Provide basic IT support. Ensure the field team has appropriate equipment, software and field resources needed to execute day to day activities.
- Track and submit field team invoices accurately for services rendered and travel expenses incurred.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain existing projects and roll out new ones (for example: Compliance Performance Management System, Producer Portal, etc)
Skills & Experience
- Experience in operations role is highly desired.
- Great attention to detail is a must. This role requires ability to collect, and analyze data, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively, problem solve, and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and highly organized manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Takes initiative to problem-solve and provide innovative ideas and program improvements – system thinker.
- Be outcome-oriented and know how to get things done. Ability to think quickly: learn, adapt, and work autonomously, as well with teams.
- Confidence with traveling and engaging in other cultures and communities
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Design Thinking and Agile/Scrum is a plus
- Additional technical training will be considered
Technology & Software
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new tech systems and applications
- Prior experience working with Salesforce is highly desirable
- Strong Knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint