Kite Hill is an innovative producer of carefully crafted Artisan Almond Milk Products. The work environment is fast paced and engaging with many opportunities for teamwork, collaboration and personal growth. We’re are growing at high pace, and are always looking to hire talented people to join our team. Our Almond milk is the core of our know how. We are currently looking for a milk pasteurizer operator for our facility in Hayward. We’re looking for someone who has the experience pasteurizing milk or juice, who can join our growing team and be operational with limited training. You’ll have the opportunity to work on brand new custom–made equipment while you’ll discover great technologies, and great products
Benefits available include paid time off, paid holidays, subsidized medical insurance with dental, and 401K plans available.
Full Time/ $16-$18/hour depending on experience
The Pasteurizer is responsible for Running and maintaining pasteurizer and other related equipment within a nut milk production environment.
High responsibility: Responsible for quality, food safety and product specifications
- Closely monitor the production process and follow Standard Operating Procedures for batching and processing products.
- Monitor fats and proteins as they associate with processing milk products.
- Calculate recipes for standardization, inoculation.
- Prepare cultures and enzymes according to the various recipes and inoculate the milk
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties including simple equipment maintenance
- Maintain sanitation of equipment including CIP & hand cleaning
- Operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operational issues as they arise.
- Operate and clean equipment with a sense of urgency to maximize throughput and minimize downtime.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some college, particularly with courses in chemistry or mechanical engineering; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current General Pasteurizer license preferred
- 2 years experience minimum working on Pasteurizer (Milk or Juice)
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Understands basics of chemistry: pH, dilutions
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
MUST NOT BE ALLERGIC TO NUTS
KITE HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, and national origin, disability or protected veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify.