As part of the ‘OXen’ team, you are a foundational member of Ox’s staff. We want to bring back the Ox as a steady, humble beast that can get food from local farms into the offices of hard working city dwellers. OXen team members act as the bridge between our company and our clients.
1) Executing Deliveries: Taking freshly prepared and packaged food to our clients’ offices and setting up their lunch orders
- Deliver orders to clients by foot, subway or car in a timely manner as scheduled (NOTE: these are large deliveries often requiring the use of a hand truck)
- Check a daily delivery logistics email to confirm assigned orders, clients’ locations and other delivery instructions
- Follow assigned delivery routes and optimizing transportation for speed, safety, and cost
- At the client site, set up food on-site according to OX VERTE’s schematic and standards ensuring pristine presentation
- Navigate freight delivery elevators which allow entrance access to client offices
- Think fast on your feet to solve any problems that might prevent you and your food delivery reaching the client by their set delivery time
2) Being a Brand Ambassador: Representing Ox while out on deliveries to client offices by answering questions and providing a friendly and attentive customer service to ensure a smooth delivery experience.
- Deliver friendly, personal and genuine service – go above and beyond to impress the client and establish direct relationships with recurring clients
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Ox’s menu, its ingredients, sourcing and set up layout
- Be attentive of clients’ needs and concerns and act as a personable intermediary between them and Ox
- Deliver a report of each delivery you make, noting every major good and bad aspect to help us continually improve our service
Skills & Experience
- You would never imagine being late
- Demonstrated passion in food and / or health and wellness
- Impeccable organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ambition is your middle name
- You can host a wonderful corporate lunch but don’t mind using a hand truck to carry heavy boxes to get there!
- You have a flexible schedule between the hours of 10am-2pm
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
In addition to a resume and cover letter, please share why you’d like to work for a mission-driven food startup.
Hourly, 2-4 hours per day, $16/hour
Ox family meals
Why You Should Work With Us
Are you looking for experience at a young, ambitious food start-up on the ground floor? Are you interested in executing on client orders and representing a mission-driven brand? OX VERTE is looking for a energetic individuals to join our team and help us grow!
Ox Verte is a plant-forward food company working to reinvent office lunch and breakfast. At Ox Verte, we want to make seasonally-fresh, locally-sourced food an everyday occurrence, and offer wholesome meals that can nourish our bodies and nurture our communities.
The Company was founded in Feb. 2015 and serves groups sizes 10 – 1000 in NYC. Ox Verte is also a Certified B Corporation, a leader in the global movement to use business as a force for good. Read about us in Food+Tech Connect or Edible Manhattan or check out our Instagram.