Brooklyn Delhi is seeking a Part-Time Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day operations and account management. This role has a strong focus on serving our customers: order processing, inventory management, logistics and invoicing in a fast-paced, execution-focused, and dynamic start-up environment but also includes a sales component for driving more wholesale business at the specialty and co-op level. This position is part-time with the goal of turning into a full-time role.
- Manage order processing for wholesale, distributor and meal kit customers from fulfillment and transportation to invoicing and payment.
- Manage distributor and wholesale customer relationships as well as freight and warehouse vendor relationships with regards to order fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain processes to track orders and their progress through the pipeline from PO to payment.
- Recap and share weekly customer sales data/Whole Foods data
- Work closely with Founder and Production Ops to develop forecasts in order to stay ahead of inventory needs.
- Develop sales funnel and relationships at co-ops and specialty food stores to drive sales via Faire or UNFI and Kehe
- Manage DTC warehouse inventory levels and own the samples fulfillment process for sales and marketing initiatives.
- Initiate and maintain couponing program to help drive sales at the retail level
- Manage DTC customer inquiries and complaints as well as filing paperwork with warehouse for claims
- Manage monthly brokerage payments based on paid invoices and deductions; analyze and mitigate customer deductions
- Maintain/develop all required product certifications (e.g., Non-GMO Project)
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, thrives when challenged, entrepreneurial go-getter with the highest levels of integrity and good judgement
- Strong desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done well
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency in all matters related to the health of the business
- Extremely detail-oriented, deep knowledge of Excel, creative thinker, and a knack for analytical problem solving
- Team player, collaborative and an all hands-on deck mentality
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a scrappy, start-up environment
Skills & Experience
- Proven operations experience (2-3 years)
- Previous CPG sales experience, good to have
- Past start-up experience ideal.
- Proficient in Excel and Quickbooks
- Bachelors Degree
- CPG experience working with UNFI and KeHE is a plus
Any additional information you would like candidates to share in addition to their resume and cover letter.
- Competitive salary, compensation commensurate with experience
- Position will be remote
- Not your typical 9-5, set your own schedule, as long as you get the job done
- Report directly to CEO/Founder
- Flexible time off policy
- All the Brooklyn Delhi products you desire
- Exposure to all aspects of a fast-growing CPG start up
- Grow with the company and have the freedom to build a role that you will thrive in
Why You Should Work With Us
Our mission at Brooklyn Delhi is to create delicious foods inspired by time-honored Indian recipes and plant-based ingredients. We connect cultures through food.